Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

anyone here have the aircraft jacket? how is that working out for you? I have wanted that jacket in blue forever. I am not sure that it works with anything else I have tho.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

These prices are insanity for a vest, can't imagine how much the jackets are. WIll pass on this collab not to mention other pieces are seemingly difficult to procure.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Was browsing around and discovered that Penfield has a pretty shameless copy of the Camerman jacket... for 1/4th of the price. Not particularly interested in either but found it kind of amusing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

4. clausc

clausc Senior member

^Yep, posted actually on Fashionstealer.
    Get a 20% discount when using the voucher code: FLASHSALE @ Glass Boutique.

What makes special the Cabourn version is the materials and details, I would not buy a cheap copy.

5. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Interestingly, Barneys seems to be stocking quite a bit of Cabourn this season. Although the prices are again quite high. Anyone know when Barneys has a sale?

6. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Anyone know anything about this particular cameraman? I have never seen it in all black, and the lower is wool twill instead of Harris tweed

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

^They've mixed up the materials a little this AW. I've seen waxed cotton top/Harris tweed bottom and Mac top/wool twill bottom.

OK, here's the Mallory I picked up in size 50 a few days ago. At first, I was kicking myself for not trying on a 48 (I was overwhelmed with other wonderful items as well), but I tried it on again today with a Gitman oxford and Cabourn sweater vest. I think the fit is perfect through the shoulders, back and chest, but it definitely needs to be taken in in the body. The vent is not falling properly because it's still stitched together. I had a bit of difficulty with the fit at first, but I had to remind myself that it's really more of a winter jacket than a suit jacket. The Harris Tweed is surprisingly thick and warm, so I'm really looking forward to the colder weather.

I think I'll definitely keep it at this point, and just find a good tailor to take it in a little. It's still raining here, so you get semi-dark indoor shots.

One other note on the color- I decided to try the olive, which I normally never wear, but am truly liking. The navy Harris Tweed is amazing, but I wear jeans so often that I think it would look too much like a denim suit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Soo boxy :(

Sick beard

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^^ Looks good - shoulders look spot on. Personally I don't mind the slight boxiness, but slimming the waist a little will sort that it.

I think you made the right choice with the colourway

10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i think that was just the right size to get zissou, in that the shoulders are perfect. slimming the waist will be a fairly simple job.
    agree on the colour too. looks great :slayer:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Looks really good Z! A smaller one would most likely been too small. I agree with MoK aswell, the boxiness isnt much of an issue, and likely will get less with wear. Harris tweed really needs to be worn in, or so the local scottisman dealing HT says atleast ("wear it in the rain").

12. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

ah, i love my tenzing (i suppose it was the precursor to the mallory, but looks practically identical) and it does get better with wear. also it should fit a bit larger to accommodate some layering. but with a sweater and the mallory vest that jacket can take some seriously cold weather.

13. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

The top looks good, although, I don't know if it's just me, but the shoulders look just a tad bit small.

Also, would swap out the jeans.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I'd definitely wear it with something other than those jeans. I was just trying it on. There's no way that I would go larger on that jacket. I've seen it worn with the shoulders undersized considerably (see most shops' fit pics), and it even looks pretty good then.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm loving the fit down through the chest, and as robinsongreene said, taking it in in the body should be relatively easy. Keep in mind, though, that it looks extra boxy with the vent still stitched shut, and the front seems to flare out at the bottom because the tweed hasn't relaxed at all. There was one shop that posted a series of photos in which they soaked their Mallory, literally wrung it out, and let it air dry. I'd prefer to let mine age the old fashioned way- by wearing it a lot.

I'll post some photos after I get the body taken in and wear it a bunch of times. It may take a few weeks, though...