• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Need your opinion guys -
So I got the Cabourn naval pants on the cheap. They are white, so I am dying them for sure (although I haven't decided on the color...any thoughts?). I tried wearing them, and they are pretty damn "relaxed". I know I could tailor them...but what do you think If I made them into shorts? Stupid idea or an alright idea?

I've made a few of my old pants into shorts, so its a very viable option.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But if they are super relaxed as pants, they'll be particularly baggy shorts.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Need your opinion guys -
So I got the Cabourn naval pants on the cheap. They are white, so I am dying them for sure (although I haven't decided on the color...any thoughts?). I tried wearing them, and they are pretty damn "relaxed". I know I could tailor them...but what do you think If I made them into shorts? Stupid idea or an alright idea?

If you don't like the colour or the fit, wouldn't it be easier to sell them and buy some you do like?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hot damn, there is something I want!

Reaction score
bad news: someone took this bag before tresbienshop put it on sale
censored.gif
image_25698.jpg
good news: bought this shirt today, cost just HKD 500
lookaround.gif
http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=24221303

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ there are 2 other bags on sale at superdenim, plus an additional 10% code (SALE10). Most of the brands available at TBS are slightly less expensive somewhere else online, especially in UK. e.g Nigel Cabourn Indigo Naval jacket: £575.00 at superdenim, 679€ at TBS Aircraft jacket: £335 at Coggles, 396€ at TBS

Reaction score
^ it's not the same bag, but thanks.
bigstar[1].gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I don't mind, but FYI- the moderators fine folks for advertising outside of B&S.

saracen

Reaction score
If anyone knows of a store selling the Mallory jacket and vest (navy or gray) in size 52, please let me know. Looking for both pieces together. Not too fond of the new colors. cheers!

Dorian J.

Reaction score
Cabourn's Autumn/Winter collection looks great--"an in-depth look at the clothing worn by the British Military during World War 1. The key pieces are inspired by those styles worn by King George V and his son Edward VIII. During The Great War the troops fought under the most extreme and volatile conditions. Garments needed to be tough and durable in order to keep the battle weary troops warm and dry and offer some comfort in the harsh, black environment."

http://www.cabourn.com/blog/?cat=7

I love the King George Coat:

http://www.cabourn.com/blog/?page_id=572

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was considering that blue cameraman last night, but kept zooming in and thinking I'd look like I was wearing a tablecloth :\

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not think it's pink, more redish, I have the blue one though!!!

tylerjbritt

Reaction score
fw11 stock should be arriving in stores soon. can we share where we see it? especially excited about this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads