• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone noticed a new Cabourn stockist called Smith & Morris?

They're what used to be Barbourbymail. Good service, but an annoying habit of putting sale stock back up to full-price after a short period.

Werder

Reaction score
The colours of the Ventile Everest/Antarctic parka is limited by the colours of Ventile
The original was in orange
Then when it was reintroduced AW10 it was released in blue and orange
The year after it was available in brown, white and dark green
Since then there has been survival yellow and beige
There seems to be limited runs each year in the mainstay which is orange and a few other previous colours
I think it depends on what Cabourn's stockists are prepared to order and what they think their customers are looking for
End clothing seem to have the best statement of line this year in the Parkas

Thanks for your reply. Have you ever seen the parka in navy blue before? I just love my Mallory jacket in navy and would love to get the everest parka in the same color(although the Mallory is in harris tweed)

Have you experienced the parka by yourself before and would you say that the jacket is worth the price?

I just love the design of that jacket!

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Thanks for your reply. Have you ever seen the parka in navy blue before? I just love my Mallory jacket in navy and would love to get the everest parka in the same color(although the Mallory is in harris tweed)

Have you experienced the parka by yourself before and would you say that the jacket is worth the price?

I just love the design of that jacket!

It is available from End clothing and at the new London shop in a dark blue - I don't think it's quite navy but certainly close
I've got the orange parka from AW10 (I think as I'm losing track of the years) in a size 46
I paid around £1500 which is what they were then
Are they worth it ?

Ventile, goose down, Pertex, sheepskin, RiRI zips, wooden toggles, horn or wood buttons very small numbers, made in England
An iconic recreation of Sir Edmund Hilary's Antarctic coat which he also wore on visits to the Himalayas

Lifetime garment

You decide

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love an Everest Parka, but I made the mistake of showing my wife what they cost. I don't think one could ever show up in my closet :(

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Super denim had a navy Everest last or the year before, they also had a camo.

Last edited:

Grove

Reaction score
Yes pretty sure it is
Mine went back for a repair a couple of years ago and it went back to PHD

The down filled ventile garments in the Scott Collection were made by PHD - they were listed in the book

Good to know. PHD still make the worlds best down expedition bags and clothing. Nothing else comes close IMO.

gus49

Reaction score
Not to disagree, but I have to say that I think a 48 would suit you better if you chest is only 38".

OK

I would try a Cabourn size 50 then

If your actual chest is 38 with a measurement taken with a tape closely around your torso go 50 is my advice. I am 181cm’s 64 kg and a 37chest with such a measurement, so I am confident I’d take a 48 myself, you sound a size up so 50 is probably the one from what I can understand ...hope it helps.

Last edited:

1989thenumber

Reaction score
If your actual chest is 38 with a measurement taken with a tape closely around your torso go 50 is my advice. I am 181cm’s 64 kg and a 37chest with such a measurement, so I am confident I’d take a 48 myself, you sound a size up so 50 is probably the one from what I can understand ...hope it helps.

OK, thanks. I don't want it too snug, maybe 50 is better.

Werder

Reaction score
It is available from End clothing and at the new London shop in a dark blue - I don't think it's quite navy but certainly close
I've got the orange parka from AW10 (I think as I'm losing track of the years) in a size 46
I paid around £1500 which is what they were then
Are they worth it ?

Ventile, goose down, Pertex, sheepskin, RiRI zips, wooden toggles, horn or wood buttons very small numbers, made in England
An iconic recreation of Sir Edmund Hilary's Antarctic coat which he also wore on visits to the Himalayas

Lifetime garment

You decide

Thanks for the info! Its a lovely piece and something to save up for in the future!

Would you recommend to size down if i want a snug parka? Are the parkas pretty huge in size?

Im usually 52 in Cabourn so maybe a 50 would be a good idea?

PhilVo

Reaction score
Guys -

while I was visiting the Cabourn store last weekend and spent c. 1 hour going through the entire collection in detail together with Nigel, the idea of a small made-to-order group buy for the Everest Parka came into my mind... fully customized based on our definitions: e.g. special ventile colour, special inner lining (e.g. camo print or tweed), one's own initials on the wooden stoppers, wind stopper on the inside to make it even warmer, extra high fill power... And maybe even a better price :)

What do you think? If we would find interest for e.g. 10 jackets I would approach Nigel with that idea to see what he thinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads