• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
At this point I think you'll have to assume that they are just ******* with you and having a laugh at your expence.:embar:

So disappointed got the 50 in the business jacket from coggles when ordered S for the third time now. Thought that they perhaps had correct it because they had a M in stock this time but no. Really have to give up my hopes on them now

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

So disappointed got the 50 in the business jacket from coggles when ordered S for the third time now. Thought that they perhaps had correct it because they had a M in stock this time but no. Really have to give up my hopes on them now

I can't believe that you continued to believe that they know what they are doing

The problem is that they don't have a bricks and mortar shop and the warehouse is run completely separately to what I loosely call customer services

My advice is to only buy from an organisation which has a bricks and mortar shop so at least you can talk to someone who can actually look and check the tag size if unsure

Stay clear of Coggles - they do not deserve to sell Nigel Cabourn

ferry

Reaction score
Maybe they just having a laugh with me but it feels so unserious from such a big company.

This is what I wrote to them before they sent the jacket;
please send me the 48 this time as you already sent me the 50 twice when orderd this item

Here is the answer;

I am very sorry I am currently unsure of your query, we ask all customers to check the sizing guide before ordering to ensure this is an estimated size they desire. Could you please confirm whether you wish to return this product?

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Kerry

Coggles Customer Service Team

I think i will get the 48 most likely if I order the M but who knows. I would never tried so hard to get the correct item if I didn't buy those matching formal pants from them. But I don't have the time or energy to continue ship wrong items back.

Last edited:

ferry

Reaction score
But I am quite pleased how I got my shoes repaired. Feels much more comfortable now aswell

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
This just in:

NIGEL CABOURN CHOOSES HENRIETTA STREET FOR UK FLAGSHIP STORE

Iconic British menswear brand Nigel Cabourn will open its first standalone UK and European flagship store in London this September.
Taking residence in 28 Henrietta Street, Nigel Cabourn’s new concept store will be set across 925 square feet of ground and basement floorspace. The launch of the store will be the first in a wave of new openings on Henrietta Street, marking the start of the street’s regeneration in what is to be a new, contemporary shopping destination for men’s style.
Nigel Cabourn said, “The success of Nigel Cabourn The Army Gym in Japan has been phenomenal. We recently opened our sixth store there in Tokyo so it’s very exciting to be now launching our seventh in London. The location of the store is crucial and Henrietta Street, in the heart of Covent Garden, is an area of continued growth and development with a great atmosphere and good mix of quality retailers.”
One of the most enduring names in British fashion, Nigel Cabourn’s collections stay true to his British pedigree and dedication to craftsmanship in the fabrics and manufacturing processes of his Authentic product line, made in the UK to the highest standards. In line with Nigel Cabourn’s design aesthetic, which is directly influenced by inspirational stories of real people throughout history and vintage military, outdoor sports and workwear pieces, the interiors and fittings of the Henrietta Street flagship when it launches in September will reflect military influences, including a World War I installation featuring rare pieces of memorabilia.
The transformation of Henrietta Street into a new hub for menswear and street-wear labels follows the success of the regeneration of the parallel King Street in Covent Garden, which has evolved into a premium shopping destination, home to brands such as Opening Ceremony, Sandro, Aesop and Jo Malone.
Beverley Churchill, Creative Director of Capco Covent Garden said, “We are proud that Nigel Cabourn has chosen Covent Garden to be the home of his first eponymous UK store. The brand’s commitment to British craftsmanship and the quality and enduring style of its collections make it the perfect foundation for Henrietta Street, where we are creating a premium destination where street-wear will blend with casual tailoring.”

- ENDS -

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Great news about the Cabourn shop in London
Henrietta street is a great street right off Covent Garden
I was down there last week and knew that Nigel was planning a store in Covent Garden -King street or Henrietta street looked ideal
King street has the greater footfall and already has a few of his competitors - Common People etc but Henrietta Street is certainly smart and a great location

jacksonn

Reaction score
Hopefully the shop will have the knock-on effect of an overhaul of his rather clunky website.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Great news about the Cabourn shop. Not sure I would've opened up in Covent Garden though, hopefully it works out well.

Was on the Alex Telfer website earlier and he has some great pics from the lookbook for AW14. Would download some pics but I'm still in work but well worth clicking through. The jacket in the third picture looks insane. Has the womens stuff up there as well which looks great. The SS14 pics are amazing too, really makes the collection come alive. Think I might end up picking up a few more items from this season based on those pics if I can track them down.

http://www.alextelfer.com/nigel-cabourn-aw14
http://www.alextelfer.com/nigel-cabourn-ss-14
http://www.alextelfer.com/nigel-cabourn-woman-aw14

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, did anyone see that herringbone linen Tenzing and anorak on Ebay for $70 BIN each?? I would have picked them up in a heartbeat, but of course they were already gone.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^How much were they going for??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads