1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

That may explain why they have bought heavily into the Karimor colab.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

As regards the Karrimor line, the stuff in the post I'm quoting here is what I would want to see from a "mountaineering" line. I'm not really looking for that sort of stuff and I got doing a proper line, but Lowe stuff for me is spot on and totally Cabourn, hat included. As for the Karrimor, @Grove, when I say "technical" it's in part fabric and in part design. In terms of fabric I'm not a fan of goretex or nylon or polyester. That said I got a great Barbour Tokihito goretex jacket for my Dad, which I will inherit, in a great olivish green micro herringbone goretex that looks amazing. It's also in terms of the styling and pieces like that Technical Jacket are the sort I'm referring to. I get doing a cool rucksack like he did a decade or so back, but this stuff doesn't interest me at all.

3. gus49

gus49 Well-Known Member

I am selling my Clip Coat. if anyone is interested let me know for more info.
    Thanks

4. djmatty

djmatty Member

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Is this the Filson one? Sorry, but "clip coat" could mean a lot of things re Cabourn.

6. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Quite surprised at the marks. Placed my order within minutes. Plenty of good pieces left from SS15 and in the Archive. If you're a size 48 I'd recommend both of these:

http://www.cabourn.com/men/archive/classics/hunting-jacket.html

http://www.cabourn.com/men/archive/classics/aw14-aircraft-jacket-navy.html

In fact you'd be crazy not to grab either if you're a 48. I grabbed the Hunting Jacket for my Dad for Christmas. Just note on that one, unless that is some odd sample they made, the Japanese canvas is much more of an army green and not a khaki color.

Another giveaway:

http://www.cabourn.com/men/archive/classics/wide-lapel-cashmere.html

I have to size up or they wouldn't be sitting there.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  7. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

Stupid question, but is the linen cameraman waterproof?

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

^I doubt it... but i heard its pretty thick...

9. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I haven't tested mine, but I'd be shocked if it is. It's linen and doesn't appear to be coated. It's definitely thick though as irbe noted, but I still think it would just soak right through. Black Navy is more black than navy and the Army is more brown than green. I'll be honest, I had them both and returned. Have since given them another shot at current pricing. I think I was a bit hasty on it at first, but I like it more now. Not the best Cameraman mind you, but at the pricing today and with the exchange rate it's worth it.

10. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

With the price it looked really attractive, but I need something water resistant. Oh well.

11. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I'd have a look at the Aircraft Jacket then. The design for me is now a "Cabourn classic". It's hemp, but it's been coated and is "showerproof" according to the description. I haven't tested mine, but it's definitely coated. At that price it's a nice jacket, especially if you get to deduct VAT. Just note that shipping to the States is quite expensive if you're over here. Tropics PO Coat is the same fabric too, but I think the Aircraft Jacket is more utilitarian.

12. gus49

gus49 Well-Known Member

Yes, the Filson collab with Cabourn . You’re being pedantic, [​IMG]

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

No, I was serious because there are some older Authentic pieces that I think have the same name. You never know when an old gem will pop up. [​IMG]

14. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

Cabourn site really had amazing deals - pulled the trigger on one of the Japanese sweats for 48£ and also snapped the linen Mallory for 200£. I am generally not a big fan of Cabourn summer clothing, but especially the Mallory in the heavy linen really looked great on the website... Let's see.

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yeah, I'm curious to see what the Mallory is like, though more from a fit perspective. I think it will be the best looking linen piece from this season because it has the ventile patches to break up all that linen.

16. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

Cabourn should have done the upper part of the Cameraman with Ventile as well - I think it's a bit too plain with only linen.

17. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

How did you guys see the sale? I couldn't find it anywhere.

18. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Stand out piece from the whole collection IMO. £200 - absoulute steal if you managed to grab one in your size.

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

I picked one up from Independence and it fits exactly like all of my other Mallorys.

Yeah those were some killer prices, but I didn't get anything. I'm mostly interested in finding older grails at the moment.

20. Louispph

Louispph Member