1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Werder

Werder Active Member

Does anyone know if or when AW15 will be available on Cabourn.com?

Is superdenim and bureau the only places who got AW15 items so far?

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

I actually like the orange version better. Looks like they are knitted from yak wool?

Oh, that's not me :embar:

3. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

Ha ha

Still looks good with a blue tie

4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Just got hold of a SS2015 Khaki hemp Tropics Coat, for a bargain price. Very pleased.

[​IMG]

5. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

$$$?

6. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

7. gululv

gululv Senior member

Thank you, Eric. I made some primitive hangman knots, not really great quality. But then I discovered two of my Cabourn wool sweaters being full of moth holes:(

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Corniche has their stock up. Similar to that of Superdenim. Flannels has the K100 Karrimor up. Not my cup of tea.

9. Grove

Grove Senior member

Is that the same Karrimor owned by Mike Ashley that knocks out cheap shit from sportsdirect? Obviously back in the day Karrimor had a few cool outdoors and military products but Ashley turned it to shit with his cheap slave labour pile it high made tat.
    WTF is Nigel playing at? Big tax bill to pay or just being greedy? Next thing he'll be designing for George at ASDA.

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Not sure. However I do know that Ashley is synonymous with cheap when it comes to Newcastle United, so that could very well be the case. I also know that cheap didn't come to mind when I saw the price. Regardless, it's just not for me. Looks too technical.

Not sure about this collab myself. I said months ago when the Fred Perry stuff was announced or came out. That collab looked better than this and I actually got why he did that one. The interesting thing is that comment he made in that interview about rejecting Moncler yet now we have this. Anyway, I'm just glad I grabbed the Filson stuff last season.

I'm curious to see the rest of the Authentic line at this point.

11. Louispph

Louispph Member

[​IMG]

George Lowe(first from right) with his lads Mount Everest Expedition 1953

[​IMG]

that photo could be an inspiration reference for this beanie(see the guy in the middle)

[​IMG]

George Lowe(Left) with Tenzing Norgay, Mount Everest Expedition 1953

This could be the inspiration reference of the sweater

12. Grove

Grove Senior member

I like technical clobber but that just looks rubbish. I hadn't heard about this collab or Mike Ashley's new Karrimor offshoot brand before but seems it was announced a while back. http://realclobber.com/nigel-cabourn-x-karrimor-k100/

Some more, slightly more interesting stuff up on Cruise but still WTF

13. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Ashley has made his money by buying brands. The first major brand he bought was Donnay. In February 2003 Ashley bought the Dunlop Slazenger brand for £40 million, followed up by acquiring outdoor gear manufacturer Karrimor in March 2003,[12] Kangol for £10 million,[13] boxing brand Lonsdale, most of these brands were bought from distressed sellers. After considering a takeover,[14] Ashley took a £9 million stake and signed a long-term deal with Umbro.[15]

Would like to know if anyone here is seriously considering buying one of these K100 parkas at £900? at £450? at £225? at being paid to wear one?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Why would anyone consider getting in bed with Mike Ashley? His business practices would have most people running a mile.

15. Eric Gill Sans

I find it hard to pile into criticising Sports Direct ownership of Karrimor as I don't know what they have done with it recently

What might be interesting is that Karrimor have probably a large archive of old designs to draw on and an established history in military and expedition supply

16. Eric Gill Sans

17. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

End has their first drop is up. Same stuff as the others except two jackets I haven't seen before. I like everything with motorbike jacket except the back pockets. The proto parka looks nice to me but don't understand what buttons in middle of the parka are for and I think it migh hadt look better without them if it's not some very important function..

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Weird, is Cruise somehow affiliated with Flannels now? They seem to have a lot of the same inventory.

19. Eric Gill Sans

Yes I think you are right - all owned by Mike Ashley

20. Eric Gill Sans

Also Mike Ashley owns a controlling stake in USC as well as Flannels and Cruise Clothing