• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Marrkt, they have a cool black camerman in 48. Very stealth like.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannels has an extra 15% off "clearance" items. It should work on all sale items. Just grabbed the Puffa Jacket (AW12 I think) for 270 quid shipped. Original price was 1100 quid. If you live in the US they'll deduct VAT after you've received your order. They have sizes 50, 52, 54 and 56. I actually prefer the look of the AW12 version to the AW13 version. Color is more plain and the look of the jacket is more classic.

Code is EXTRA15

Diabolical

Reaction score

Flannels has an extra 15% off "clearance" items.  It should work on all sale items.  Just grabbed the Puffa Jacket (AW12 I think) for 270 quid shipped.  Original price was 1100 quid.  If you live in the US they'll deduct VAT after you've received your order.  They have sizes 50, 52, 54 and 56.  I actually prefer the look of the AW12 version to the AW13 version.  Color is more plain and the look of the jacket is more classic.  

Code is EXTRA15

So they'll refund the VAT on your credit card after delivery?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they'll refund the VAT on your credit card after delivery?

Yes. You just email them the order # and tell them you've taken delivery (which I'm sure they'll check on their end) and then you'll get a refund. They used to just deduct at the time of purchase right on the web site, but now you have to email them. Did it a few times just after Xmas when they had the crazy deals on the Cameramen, etc.

NOTE: I use PayPal with them, but I assume a credit card would work the same.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Yes. You just email them the order # and tell them you've taken delivery (which I'm sure they'll check on their end) and then you'll get a refund. They used to just deduct at the time of purchase right on the web site, but now you have to email them. Did it a few times just after Xmas when they had the crazy deals on the Cameramen, etc.

NOTE: I use PayPal with them, but I assume a credit card would work the same.

Just got the VAT refund credited today, The email request is is a little cumbersome but works fine. Items shipped Friday and emailed them the same day, refund today to card.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really I heard horror stories about DHL (at least in Canada). Unless they have the duties built into the shipping

Diabolical

Reaction score
Marrkt had the classic cameraman below listed as black. Is it black or the dark navy end was selling before?

2014_04_21_9999_9.jpg

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Marrkt had the classic cameraman below listed as black. Is it black or the dark navy end was selling before?

2014_04_21_9999_9.jpg

Definately looks navy, at least the top half but photography can be deceptive
If you are interested in an all black Cameraman - Manufactum do them. They are made by the same Authentic manufacturers but in fabrics exclusive to Manufactum under Nigel's guidance

Diabolical

Reaction score

Definately looks navy, at least the top half but photography can be deceptive
If you are interested in an all black Cameraman - Manufactum do them. They are made by the same Authentic manufacturers but in fabrics exclusive to Manufactum under Nigel's guidance

Thanks for the info!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea how the jeans measure up? True to tagged size like the trousers?

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I just picked up a pair of the same deck pants in a slate blue covert twill that were probably from a couple years ago. They were made by ARN Mercantile, which I am guessing is no longer the case? I have a few pairs of ARN-made Cabourn trousers that are now a size too large for me that I'll gladly save for when I'm old and fat ;)

Yeah, I doubt they are made by ARN these days. Whats the cut like on the ones you have? Looking at this picture from the Cabourn website, it's exactly what I was looking for for summer. Bit of room through the thigh with a nice leg opening that will look good if you roll it on a summer day as well as worn normally. CAn't find my size anywhere. Tempted to grab the 34's and hope for the best.

Also, I found the Mallory on Superdenim. Looks like they got the smaller sizes compared to Corniche getting the larger ones. Here's a close up of the fabric, hopefully it shows why I like it so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads