1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

That's really nice, made in the UK too. Not convinced by the price though, £277. I bought a black medical shirt last year which looks very similar and that was £180, so a third more ?

2. KasperSN

KasperSN Active Member

Can anyone tell me how to clean/care the Nigel Cabourn Rangoon jacket?

"Featuring a bottom half made of premium cotton and an upper half, based on WWII military smocks, constructed of naturally beeswax coated cotton"

[​IMG]

I have already washed the jacket with a sponge and cold water (as says on the jacket label). But what can I used to the beewax cotton? Can I use Barbour Thornproof dressing?

3. jacksonn

jacksonn Well-Known Member

If you just want the beeswax cotton re-waxed, you could send it to Otters re-waxing service (just google them). I recently did this with a SS14 Canadian Jacket, which is beeswax cotton, and they did a really good job using their own special product. This is a new generation version of beeswax which performs just as well but doesn't contain certain additives. If you wanted to do it yourself I'm sure they can sell you the wax - probably a lot better than using Barbour. I don't think Barbour wax is designed to go on beeswax products. The rewaxing cost £44 including recorded postage back to me.

4. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Has anyone handled the 2015 S/S "Heavyweight" linen Mallory Jacket ?? If so thoughts, some of the pictures make it look robust where others it appears a lighter weight. I believe there is only one in the "Authentic" collection.

Thanks.

FYI there are various Arctic parkas on the Cabourn site ?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  5. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a pair of CONVERSE - Nigel Cabourn Chuck Taylor 70 Ox's ? I was wonder what the sizing was like ? true to size or go up / down a size ? These are the camo versions.

6. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Have a pair of the Cabourn/Converse 1st string, bought TTS= to big by a half to full size.
    Had a pair of the Nigel Cabourn x Converse First String Plimsole they ran TTS

Hope that helps

That really doesn't help at all lol
    best bet would be to either call or email and ask or have them measure the sole

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  7. Grove

Grove Senior member

If you want the same finish then use Fjallraven Greenland Wax.

8. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rare ****

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  9. Werder

Werder Active Member

10. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Has anybody got experience with washing this grey peak lapel jacket to achieve the rugged look but also to shrink it?
    I'm especially interested in shrinkage in overall and sleeve length compared to shoulder and chest measurements.
    [​IMG]

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

Thing shrinks everywhere.... becareful of the lapels. I have the Mallory in same color way and washed it, everywhere fit fine, but the collar and lapels look a tiny bit short... if I had to do it again i wouldn't wash that part of the jacket.

1 person likes this.
  12. tim v

tim v Member

How are you planning on washing it? By hand? Be interested to know how the lining fares in the 'shrink' compared with the outer fabric. Any signs of bunching etc.

13. indigoeagle

Good point.
    Thanks for that advice.

14. indigoeagle

A few people have shared their experience.
    But I can't remember anyone mentioning the lining. It would probably bunch a bit, but I can't imagine too much.
    Apparently a soak will result in a reduction of about half a size.
    Here's some info: http://www.greyfoxblog.com/2012/05/dry-cleaning-tweed-jackets-try-hand.html

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

Soak it in warm water I say first...then wring it out. It will take a couple of days to dry - laying it flat.

16. indigoeagle

How do you like the jacket, in rugged or non-rugged state?
    The Mallory with the ventile patches looks more unformal perhaps. Though this is also nicely in between an outdoor and more formal jacket.

A 52 would fit me very well, but is not available. I might be able to wear a shrunk 54, but not sure if it will work out.
    I tried on the long 50 and 52 but they're too long and the 50 is too small, too.

For anyone interested, this jacket is on sale at manufactum.

17. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

I don't understand the sizing on the Maufactum site?

18. keepitlowkey

keepitlowkey New Member

Hi ike_hiking_boots

I'don't know if this helps: (Continental) European sizing = British sizing + 10

19. Werder

Werder Active Member

I am curious guys; What is your favourite Cabourn piece? And why?

20. irbe

irbe Senior member

Not that I have a lot of NC pieces but camera man for sure. The look of the jacket with the details......