1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

I didn't realise the flash was on. I'll post something better soon.
    I absolutely love the jacket. It's growing on me more and more.

I can't wait for it to get cold now :slayer:
    I'm out and about filming next week but it's still gonna be mild I think.

2. Werder

Werder Active Member

Beautiful jacket and excellent fit!

You may said it before, but is this the black navy color? Would you say its truly black or does it has a "hint" of dark blue depending on the light you wear the jacket in?

Congratulations with the jacket, absolutely something i will save up for in the future, and its by far the most beautiful parka i have ever seen in terms of design!

3. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

Thanks Werder.
    It's definately dark Navy. I don't like black so I'm very happy with the colour. Think navy Mallory and you're there. Dark but unmistakably blue.

4. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Certainly does look good , no doubting that ...

5. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

Nice one Phil.
    It better look good for that price eh.

6. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

Hey Werder.
    Here's a pic of a Navy Mallory, Indigo Mallory and the Everest side by side. You can see it might actually be a bit bluer than the navy Mallory.
    I don't own any black clothes so can't do a true side by side unfortunately. Sorry.

[​IMG]

7. Werder

Werder Active Member

Thanks for posting this pic. I have the navy mallory myself and i must say its a beautiful color(and jacket). I was afraid that the black navy Everest parka was totally black but now that i understand that its more like the navy mallory i want the Everest parka even more...

Its great with feedback on the Everest, looking forward to read how it stands against the weather in the upcoming months! Great to hear different opinons on this piece!

8. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

I will definitely post a pic of mine over the weekend as well. And actually I will go ahead with waxing one of my beige Cabourn heavy cotton coats... Fjallraven wax is ordered. Lets see how it turns out.

9. desolate

desolate Active Member

Has anyone got any of the Cabourn Down Mittens from a few seasons ago?

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody seen this in real life, suppose to be from the SS, cotton linen:

[​IMG]

Wondering if its that light in real life

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well, I just picked up a pair of NWT Mallory trousers in the centenary army Harris Tweed to match my jacket. The cost hurt a little, but I'm frankly amazed I ever saw them offered. Here's to hoping that the older HT four pleat pants run small like I remember (and as the seller stated).

There's also the matching vest in my size, and am debating on it. $900 for a pair of trousers and a vest is a bit absurd right before the holidays...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  12. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

Wow, good find, Zissou! Never even knew those existed!

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

You'll regret passing on the vest... how about wrapping it up as a gift to you from the cat, and get something for your wife and wrap that up from the cat too - it could be the start of a new family tradition? :)

14. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

What MoK said. You'll only regret passing on them. They look awesome, would be good to see some more pictures.

Meant to post these up a wee while back but here's a few pictures of the Farm Pants. I'll try and get a fit pic at some point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Nice find. I've never tried a pair of Cabourn trousers. Coincidentally I wore my Cameraman with that tweed today for the first time all season. Still a favorite despite the newer versions I have.

As for the vest, tough call. It all sounds a bit pricey to me, but what are the chances you'll see it again? I just scored my second "long lost" piece that I'm hoping is in as great of condition as described.

16. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

^ Are you referring to this olive cameraman? (dug up an old photo from the beginning of this thread)

17. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

I wouldn't worry about the Mallory vest. They're always available at sale time in all colours. The one on eBay is overpriced.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hah, that's an old photo of me in the Cameraman.

Well, I wound up going against my better judgement and purchased the vest as well. It was indeed a bit overpriced, but I have only ever seen one other (not in my size) in that matching army HT from AW10. It's for posterity's sake, you know? Someday, when I am 70, I'll want to wear my three piece Mallory suit every day.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  19. desolate

desolate Active Member

Just done a very impulsive thing and bought a cashmere duffle in blue.
    I am actually quite excited!