• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to Cabourn's SS 14 preview? Was searching around the net and it looks like there has already been some preview shows but I can't find a link to the images.

Was checking a month or two ago and only founds things on Instagram. Would love to see more of this myself.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Just letting you all know that an Irvine Parka in size 52 has come up for sale on EBay.co.uk

Probably my favourite Cabourn piece ever and one that I doubt I will ever find in my size without hunting in Japan

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been shared yet but it's a wee preview of SS14. A couple of the things Drew models in the video are absolutely nuts. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the Corniche video Jagger_On
The camo hooded raincoat looks very long and slim and a bit silly with the hood up - think it might look better a bit more oversized and belted up
Love the navy smock type jacket in the orange
The clothes racks look full of some very wearable pieces but I suppose it depends on what the buyers like and order for manufacture

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Just letting you all know that an Irvine Parka in size 52 has come up for sale on EBay.co.uk

Probably my favourite Cabourn piece ever and one that I doubt I will ever find in my size without hunting in Japan

Sorry, Eric, that one just looks plain strange to me. You seriously like it? :)

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Hey guys, about how warm is the cameraman jacket? Think it would get me through a Tokyo winter with a shirt and sweater on underneath?

This is the one I'm looking at.

http://a2.ocimage.us/pimg/10327_1-Cameraman_Nvy.jpg

What are winters like in Tokyo? The Cameraman is mainly quite wind proof. There are versions with a wool lining, which helps, but it'll never be a winter jacket for places where there is a real winter. Plus, the lack of a zip will allow wind to blow in and heat to head out. Wearing a sweater will of course help a bit, but a true winter jacket? Not at all.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Thanks for posting the Corniche video Jagger_On
The camo hooded raincoat looks very long and slim and a bit silly with the hood up - think it might look better a bit more oversized and belted up
Love the navy smock type jacket in the orange
The clothes racks look full of some very wearable pieces but I suppose it depends on what the buyers like and order for manufacture

Yeah, they were the two things that stood out to me. I can't decide if I like them or not but definitely interested in seeing them. Do you think that raincoat is made of ventile? I quite like the look of the aircraft jacket in what looks like an X-Wing colour way. I wonder if you can attach a liner to it like the one from this season?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, about how warm is the cameraman jacket? Think it would get me through a Tokyo winter with a shirt and sweater on underneath?

This is the one I'm looking at.

http://a2.ocimage.us/pimg/10327_1-Cameraman_Nvy.jpg

Like Nick said, it all depends on the weather. I'd say 30 F and you're fine. Below that and you'd want something else available. You'll look like a million bucks though.

Last edited:

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
problem with Cameraman jackets - bar Ventile ones - make you sweat like **** , the Mackintosh is non - breathable .. for that reason alone I only have Ventile ones now ..

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
problem with Cameraman jackets - bar Ventile ones - make you sweat like **** , the Mackintosh is non - breathable .. for that reason alone I only have Ventile ones now ..

Winter ones aren't an issue for me. Plenty of layering with them too. Bit of an issue in SS, but even then I don't think it's that bad at all. I'd likely be sweating some anyway if I'm sweating.

Tadite

Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement about the ventile. It's a great material. I have one of his skyliners from last year in the waxed cotton (supposedly waxed) and it's just such a pain to keep dry. A ventile down jacket would just be at a next level.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads