• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

tomflan

Reaction score
The Oxford shirt jacket was made in Blackburn Lancashire if my memory serves me correctly. The factory is still open and makes for NC as well as Edwin (they just bought a chain stitch machine) + a few other high end brands.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
anyone have the hunting jacket , got my eye on the navy one ..
how's the fit / material ?

the year 1492

Reaction score
Hey guys - does anyone have any experience repairing/fixing a broken or loose clip from a clip jacket? I'm wondering if there's some kind of quick DIY fix I can do because it seems like replacing it would be nearly impossible.

The problem is that it's just loose and shuts cut doesn't exactly clamp down as the rest do. It still works (basically) but pops open frequently and just isn't that reliable.

And as an aside - I'm selling a RAF blue mallory jacket and vest in B+S if anyone is interested! (/shameless plug)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/332343/...et-vest-combo-raf-blue-size-50-extremely-rare

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you might need to do some adjustments with some pliers, depending on where the issue is. I tihnk the clamps are generally shaped at an angle at the pivots which provides the resistance necessary

kojiro

Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while...
To address the question posted regarding sheepskin / leather items created for Nigel Cabourn- Aero Leather has done both sleeping bag coat and shearling coastal command jacket.
The big question / quiz. When did NC release this piece? Any stock photos of it?

jacksonn

Reaction score
This seems to be an inferior version of the Cabourn collaboration from earlier this year.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalo.../converse-chuck-taylor-bosey-boot/category/5/

I'd imagine the Cabourn ones were popular and have sold out, leading Converse to produce a very similar product, presumably in greater numbers and without the details such as Ventile lining.

Maybe the terms of the collaboration have allowed them to do this, but it looks like a dodgy market stall rip-off compared to the originals.

cold war painter

Reaction score
I thought the Bosey was originally a Converse design from the 1940s or earlier? If so, I guess they can do what they like with it.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for confirming that Aero make the sheepskins for NC.

Just trying to compile a list of good quality UK sheepkin coats makers.

Aero doesn't seem to offer much of their own. There is Nursey which is great quality but limited in styles.

kojiro

Reaction score
They offer a really good infrastructure for creating the very best sheepskin jackets/coats, but they don't offer anything nice- just a retro-based style but without the 'edge' you'd expect (like Riri zuppers, double-ribbed cuffs, ncie colors, etc). But when they are guided by someone, say NC, they create great stuff.
Btw I'm thinking of sending them my Costal Command shearling jacket and ask them to fit it to my figure (i'd need to crop it and make it much more narrow at bottom vs chest area, so that it doesn't look like cylinder when I zip it up..)

jacksonn

Reaction score
I thought the Bosey was originally a Converse design from the 1940s or earlier? If so, I guess they can do what they like with it.

Absolutely, the Bosey overall design is totally theirs - I was just slightly surprised they were allowed to produce one featuring pretty much the exact NC collaboration details, but now outside of the collaboration branding. Like I say, it must have been in the terms. I was a bit harsh calling it a market staff rip off though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads