1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

PS
    Do people tend to size up on winter Cameramans?

I sized up from my Mallory 50 to a 52 to accommodate a sweater underneath.
    How did last years Crazy Cameraman Camo fit compared to other seasons (my reference point again being AW12 Crazy C)

2. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

A bunch more items up ane END including the awesome Olive & Moss Cameraman with only one left in most of the sizes.

Someone will have a few of these left some sale time won't they? I won't drop a grand on it but I might do £500

3. Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov Well-Known Member

£2499 for the Everest parka. Absolute madness for a coat that to me is not wearable 90% of the year in the UK. Perhaps even more ludicrous is the £89 for a wool hat. A more wearable item but for what it is you are as well spending £20 for the same hat from your local fishing shop.

1 person likes this.
  4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It was 18xx two'ish years ago.

5. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

I believe END's stating of "only one left" is marketing i.e. they only buy one per that size (while perhaps a central size like a 50 might have two pieces bought).

With that said most retailers are only buying one per size - especially with items at these price points. I was looking at (and purchased) this seasons Donkey Jacket. All sizes (46-48-50) are already sold out at the two retailers I have been following with only 52 and 54 remaining. That is because they only purchased one piece per size.

I have to agree on the Everest Parka's - I really do not know who buys them at those prices. Most seem to be sold at sale time when they are marked down (and they are STILL expensive!).

Not easy being a Cabourn fan [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  6. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Tried on all three of the Filson/Cabourn....They do run large...By far the more interesting are the longer of the three, the large collared one being the best. The longest one unsnaps and becomes a waxed/oiled over coat which is also nicer than the jacket IMO
    All priced around $700 USD Plus/Minus. Had all three sizes in stock S/M/L
    Did not care for the clips on the jacket as they do not snap open as on the "Cameraman" but are more carabiner like hence one has to fiddle around opening it.

7. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

Can you please let me know which store you tried them on at? Thanks

8. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

The oiled cloth Everest looks fantastic.

9. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

https://www.mildblend.com/ Not on line yet.....Call.....

10. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

No. I was being facetious. Superdenim have now added a description to the garment, zero info when the garment was originally shown online.

The collar on the Filson is ridiculous.

Contest appear to have stock.

If End say they only have 1 in stock that's all they have.

Someone on this forum needs to get professional help.

11. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

12. smartlew

smartlew Senior member

Any interest in an unworn blue oxford Cricket Jacket, size 50?

[/hijack]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

If anyone continues to find more shops that are stocking the Filson collaboration that have yet to be named please post or PM me.

14. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

15. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

I am not 100% sure but, I think the Portland Filson store is getting them and releasing them on 9/5/14. I'm not sure if they will put them on the online store, but if they don't maybe you can call them to see if they take phone orders? I'm planning on stopping by the Seattle store tomorrow, if I can get any more info from the store I'll post it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  16. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Cheers from the replies lads. From the sound of things it sounds like there are still some to yet hit the stores.

17. J-M Couturier

J-M Couturier Member

18. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

That's a Mallory. Don't think you'll see another one in that colour anywhere.
    If you want it get it soon. I reckon someone here will snap that up. This seasons colours are a bit down on the past for me.

19. J-M Couturier

J-M Couturier Member

thanks Migsy, sorry my original message was a bit vague. i'd recognised it as a Mallory (though it looks very different to mine from least season) i just wondered about the fabric and colours. It def wasn't last season or this season, just anxious in case it was a knock off as can't see any pics similar anywhere!

i quite like the pale blue from this season though haven't seen any in the flesh - looks like they are a lighter and thinner fabric than mine form last season...

20. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

It's deffo not a knock off from Yoox.
    It's not Harris tweed either by the description.
    I've not seen that before so can't say. Looks like it might be a wool/cotton mix which is a rarer version.
    I've got a few Mallorys in Harris tweed, jersey, cotton and linen. None like this one though. It's a bit of a mystery actually. Looks like tweed but I don't think it is.