1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

Speaking of Marrkt, they have a cool black camerman in 48. Very stealth like.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Flannels has an extra 15% off "clearance" items. It should work on all sale items. Just grabbed the Puffa Jacket (AW12 I think) for 270 quid shipped. Original price was 1100 quid. If you live in the US they'll deduct VAT after you've received your order. They have sizes 50, 52, 54 and 56. I actually prefer the look of the AW12 version to the AW13 version. Color is more plain and the look of the jacket is more classic.

Code is EXTRA15

3. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

So they'll refund the VAT on your credit card after delivery?

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yes. You just email them the order # and tell them you've taken delivery (which I'm sure they'll check on their end) and then you'll get a refund. They used to just deduct at the time of purchase right on the web site, but now you have to email them. Did it a few times just after Xmas when they had the crazy deals on the Cameramen, etc.

NOTE: I use PayPal with them, but I assume a credit card would work the same.

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Just got the VAT refund credited today, The email request is is a little cumbersome but works fine. Items shipped Friday and emailed them the same day, refund today to card.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ What service do Flannels use? Do you get stung with duties to the US?

7. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

DHL and not so far........

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Really I heard horror stories about DHL (at least in Canada). Unless they have the duties built into the shipping

9. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

10. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Marrkt had the classic cameraman below listed as black. Is it black or the dark navy end was selling before?

[​IMG]

11. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

Definately looks navy, at least the top half but photography can be deceptive
    If you are interested in an all black Cameraman - Manufactum do them. They are made by the same Authentic manufacturers but in fabrics exclusive to Manufactum under Nigel's guidance

12. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Thanks for the info!

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Any idea how the jeans measure up? True to tagged size like the trousers?

14. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Yeah, I doubt they are made by ARN these days. Whats the cut like on the ones you have? Looking at this picture from the Cabourn website, it's exactly what I was looking for for summer. Bit of room through the thigh with a nice leg opening that will look good if you roll it on a summer day as well as worn normally. CAn't find my size anywhere. Tempted to grab the 34's and hope for the best.

[​IMG]

Also, I found the Mallory on Superdenim. Looks like they got the smaller sizes compared to Corniche getting the larger ones. Here's a close up of the fabric, hopefully it shows why I like it so much.

[​IMG]

15. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

I am sure this jacket isn't yours...

2 people like this.
  16. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I ordered an olive surface jacket from Marrkt in a 48 and I ended up receiving a 52 instead. I'm disappointed that i'll have to return it now. If anyone has a surface jacket in a size 48 for sale that's unworn, I would definitely be interested in it!

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

Like most ARN trousers, nice and trim in the waist and hips, with a full, straight leg.

18. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Before I return the size 52 surface jacket, can I get some feedback on the fit? Looking at the measurement between the 48 and 52, it looks like there's only a 1" different in the P2P and .75 in the shoulders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

It doesn't look too wide across the body, maybe a tad over the shoulders. The sleeves are arguably a little on the long side, but not unduly. It fits very much how a classic Barbour would if you bought your chest size. The sizing increments on that coat are weird if End's chart is to be believed - each chest size only seems to increase by .5" rather than the logical 2" but the length of the jacket increases by 1" ...

Much as I love Nigel Cabourn clothing the logic and consistency of sizing isn't one of the brands strong points

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  20. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Can anyone let me know what their experience is of the pit-to-pit of the seam sealed cameraman in 48?

I'm reading varying measurements, some say it's 22" others that it's 20.5. I could do the former but not the latter, I need to at least fit a shirt underneath!