• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's real hard to pull off that orange cameraman, IMO. But, I really like the everest parka -- dam shame it's $2,500.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everywhere I have worn my Cameraman (brown not blue) people have commented positively. A complete range too, from 16-17 year old kids right up to a guy in his 70's. I personally think it's a work of art and completely unique, but each to their own I suppose. On the other hand I don't really 'get' the Storm Parka, the guys who collect our refuse wear something very similair.

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Everywhere I have worn my Cameraman (brown not blue) people have commented positively. A complete range too, from 16-17 year old kids right up to a guy in his 70's. I personally think it's a work of art and completely unique, but each to their own I suppose. On the other hand I don't really 'get' the Storm Parka, the guys who collect our refuse wear something very similair.

I would agree the Cameraman is uniquely styled piece (mine should be arriving today) that is timeless and peerless; the other parkas are either poorly proportioned or over priced.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand if the Cameraman is not for everyone, but I mostly consider it to be a subdued and more versatile version of a duffle coat. I've worn mine on plenty of drizzly or wet, snowy days and it's performed well. If I wear a warm sweater under it, it can handle some of the coldest weather we get here in northern Utah. Perhaps the only difficulty I find in wearing it is that the Mac material does not breathe much at all, so it is not too practical for wearing for an entire day walking around town, unless you can take it off periodically.

TheChefs

Reaction score
Just dropped off my size 52 Mallory jacket at a tailor. Great suit and working cuff buttons are a nice touch. The jacket fits me great in shoulders, but there's lots of spare fabric at the waist, the bigger size is definitely very generously cut for someone with a big beer gut.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good amount of Cabourn FW11 from Tres Bien Shop starting here. They're always good about posting photos to their Flickr account
smile.gif
Nigel Cabourn x Eddie Bauer.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the picture of the guy with the painted hood jacket shown from the back, the coat hanging up on the left looks very interesting.

newinny

Reaction score
I was surprised when seeing the cameraman in person that there is no lining under the mac material. Doesn't seem warm.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not characterize it as a winter coat or a warm coat.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newinny
I was surprised when seeing the cameraman in person that there is no lining under the mac material. Doesn't seem warm.

I's very windproof and surprisingly warm for it's weight (not as breathable as Goretex et. al. though). You'd want a sweater under it in cold weather though.

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I's very windproof and surprisingly warm for it's weight (not as breathable as Goretex et. al. though). You'd want a sweater under it in cold weather though.
I purchased an EG down vest from this season which is meant to be worn under a jacket to pair during especially cold days.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that lambskin jacket made me lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads