1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior Member

Cabourn is one of several brands excluded from the Coggles 30% discount.

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

Sorry! Hadn't spotted that...

3. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior Member

Just thought I would give the other Cabourn fans a heads up. Sale at Le Rayon Frais. I picked a British Army shirt. Shipping to North America is reasonable at 25 euro.

Discount code: hello

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013

4. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

What is the quality of the new oxford shirts compared to the Japanese made ones. Is the cotton a similar weight ? I really like the Japanese ones but if the new ones are lower quality I might not bother.

5. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior Member

Shame about the Coggles discount - tried on the work shirt jacket today and loved it.

6. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior Member

I'd keep an eye on Coggles though as they went into Administration a few weeks ago. Unless they find a buyer the soon the administrators will be forced to liquidate their stock so expect healthy discounts soon.

Last edited: May 30, 2013

7. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior Member

Oh dear, really? That's worth watching out for.

8. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior Member

The plain colour shirts are made from a much lighter weight cotton from the Japanese thick oxfords although the muti tone 'football shirt' is made from heavier cotton definately on a par with the Japanese weight cotton

If you want something thick and a bit special the Football shirt is definately worth going for - its also reverseable for a slightly different look

9. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior Member

Thanks for that, they applied the 50% code on an item that was already half price so I just picked up a shirt for 117Euro shipped internationally. Nice!

10. dareone

dareone Senior Member

11. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior Member

Today's ensemble

NC SS 12 Camo Tenzing/notch lapel jacket; NC/converse NATO Green shoes; USAF 1940's surplus deadstock shirt ; Lee Original 101Z's

[​IMG]

12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior Member

There are a couple of the British Army Shirts made out of the oxford fabric too. Not sure if its the same as the fabric in the Japanese oxfords but I didn't think it was far off it. Present had this one http://www.present-london.com/nigel-cabourn/nigel-cabourn-british-army-shirt-white/. Think there's a 20% off code kicking around for Present at the minute too.

In a related note, was looking on Yoox this morning and they have a couple of the Japanese oxfords going quite cheap if you're a size 36/46. A blue one for 98 and a white/ivory one for about 115.

13. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Has anyone been following the Marrkt Eddie Bauer sale btw? As far as I could tell they didn't sell anything.. But the prices stayed the same.. [​IMG]

They were a lot less stubborn with the other sales!

14. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

I picked up a white oxford from yoox 2 weeks ago. Not sure why prices are different on yoox depending on which portal you use. German yoox was 165 and the Irish was 185 I think. Mailed them but no reply.

15. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior Member

Has anyone bought this or seen / tried in flesh to give their opinion , I'm really taken by this , but not been to a shop that sells it .. appreciate thoughts / opinions ..