1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. JChance

JChance Senior Member

Does anyone own this/ have tried it on? If yes, could you please comment on sizing?

I'm a 38" chest, and looking into getting an x-small (46) of the Antarctic White version (thoughts?), but i heard they run larger than normal NC

[​IMG]

EDIT: Got my answer from another member :)

Last edited: May 12, 2013

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

I like the camo waistcoat with the blue

3. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior Member

How do you find the breathability of the Macintosh of the Cameraman?
    I have a Macintosh/Harris tweed one, and while I love the look and especially the tweed I find that I start sweating in the upper area quickly. I would have much preferred had they used Ventile.
    Or will the Mackintosh somehow change over time and become more breathable? The way it is now it feels to me like some synthetic fabric.

4. Regg

Regg Distinguished Member

Doh. Wish I read this thread before buying the unlined parka from Barneys. The 48 is quite big on me, definitely a medium, not a small

5. ManofKent

Macintosh is definitely a cool weather fabric - it's basically rubber sandwihed between cotton, so no breathability, but perfectly waterproof.

6. ManofKent

Anyone got one of the Corduroy Horse jackets? Thoughts on fit?

7. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

I met the guys in the garden house last autumn. And one of the guys told me that they are making it with ventile for aw13.

Last edited: May 14, 2013

8. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior Member

T

Tried on the 48 Horse Jacket when they were at End last Winter - they are true to size in that the 48 was just a bit too big for me -a true UK size 38. I could have got away with it but I like a good fit.

It was a stunning jacket though - real heavy weight corduroy and beautifully finished with fabulous polished horn buttons

I normally take a Cabourn 46 which fits well, unfortunately no one outside of Japan had the Horse Jacket in a 46

9. Eric Gill Sans

The unlined parka is the only Cabourn piece I have in a 48 - I deliberately bought it a size larger than I normally take so I could wear it over Mallorys in Winter and layer up.

I don't think Parka type coats look too bad slightly oversized - I've got a 46 cold weather parka and it looks bigger than 48 Unlined Parka but I guess that's the style.

I think the more you wear it , the more you'll like it - maybe save it for the Winter and layer up

10. Regg

I'll try. I never really planned on wearing it over a winter coat, but I'll play around with it I guess. It's mainly the sleeve length, otherwise it would be fine as an oversized piece

Last edited: May 14, 2013

11. Eric Gill Sans

A decent tailor could shorten the sleeves for you. I know what you mean though - the sleeves are a bit long on mine as well and I always think that sleeves on a jacket are crucial for how I feel about the fit of a jacket

I've just got mine out of the wardrobe to have a look and it doesn't look bad with the sleeves turned up if you unbutton the sleeve

Or try moving the sleeve button so that the sleeve is tighter on your wrists when it buttoned up and doesn't slip down over the hand

12. Regg

Considered moving the button, definitely a possibility. Thanks for convincing me to give the jacket a chance :) It's quite nice

13. Eric Gill Sans

It's got the nicest button, toggle, buckle, zip combo known to mankind

[​IMG]

14. ManofKent

Thanks - one on ebay, in a 52 might put a low bid in, but I'm on the cusp between a 52/54 in NC stuff.

15. Eric Gill Sans

More from 'Cabourn Watch'

Ben Fogle's new Twitter avatar photo

[​IMG]