1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

I'd never heard of freewheelers until the last couple of threads but looking on their website, some of their pieces look incredible.
    Anyone have more info on them? Where to kop outside Japan?

2. Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens Well-Known Member

Freewheelers is Cabourn on steroids, the details and fabrics are another level.

Most of it you will need to import from Japan,you can use a proxy like Sutocorp. Hickorees stock Freewheelers but it is cheaper to import from Japan, especially if you are in Europe.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. Jon p

Jon p Member

Hello all. Anyone know anything about the Cabourn wing collar shirts i keep seeing on Japanese sites like Phaeton? They look great and I want one! Are they Japan only or a new line that will be available in the UK soon?

4. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

They are Mainline with a green label so made in Japan for Japan however some retailers outside of Japan might order them depending on whether the buyers think they are good for their customers
    Now that Cabourn has started introducing European made shirts for the Authentic range, I think it is unlikely that these shirts will be available outside Japan
    You never know Nigel might use the same design and have a similarly designed shirt in the SS14 Authentic range

5. Jon p

Jon p Member

Thanks Eric. I will have to keep an eye out to see if anything turns up in the authentic range.

6. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Some great looks at AW14. Right click on the images and open in a new tab for larger pictures. Too bad we can't get as good a look at SS14. Anyway, looks noticeably different from AW13. Looks like the surface jacket will be back. Some new colors in the Everest and even a colorblock sort of version. Wool aircraft? Aircraft with sheerling? A new crazy camerman. A new duffel in two colorways. A CPO shirt. Some leather. Some cordoroy. Looks very English:

http://chadsdrygoods.blogspot.com/2014/01/chad-meets-nigel.html

7. prurient

prurient Senior member

[​IMG]

This red Mallory is the best yet for me.

8. Eric Gill Sans

Looks fantastic - thanks for posting

9. Jon p

Jon p Member

It looks great, nice mix of fabrics, tweed, corduroy, oil cotton etc and a really interesting blend of colours. one piece in those pictures reminds me slightly of the Atkinson Surgeons jacket.
    Don't see any wing collar oxford shirts though!

This arrived today. Wide Lapel jacket in ginger Harris Tweed

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

That is nice ! Just got the Indigo and like it a lot. Fit, details and construction are very nice. Believe I now have the "Cabourn" bug Ha.

FWIW Freewheelers is fantastic.

11. seer

seer Senior member

Nice, what jacket is that?

12. Eric Gill Sans

The Ginger wide lapel jacket looks great - especially over the Compton Crazy stripe waistcoat
    Top one!

Also looking at the AW14 previews, that colour looks like it's ahead of time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  13. Jon p

Jon p Member

Wide lapel Jacket

14. Jon p

Jon p Member

Thanks. Yes, the colour is very close to some of those above. I love the Compton waistcoat. Even if it didn't fit Id frame it and hang it on the wall[​IMG]

15. seer

seer Senior member

Ok, so that is what it is called. Real nice color!

16. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

That looks a really nice collection - look forward to seeing later in the year.

17. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Anyone know a US Stockist with the Converse collab in Eggnog in stock?

18. Eric Gill Sans

To keep up the photo log of us wearing Cabourn - Couple of photos from my trip to Austria a few weeks ago

[​IMG]

Wearing Coastal Command shearling coat

[​IMG]

A selfy taken on a ski lift wearing navy 4 way roll neck and the navy classic ventile parka
    Couldn't find any vintage looking googles that are functional enough for skiing in low light and snow hence the rather ridiculous oversized Scott gogs
    The hat is a German Helt Pro helmet

1 person likes this.
  19. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Crazy markdowns at Trunk. Not much left, but I got some steals. Business jacket and some sweater/sweatshirt still left.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  20. Eric Gill Sans

Yes I spotted that - those prices must be absolute cost price which is a bit worrying if they don't think they can make any money, it may put them off buying again

Flannels have also reduced again and Superdenim are offering another 20 percent off sale prices

Other than LN-CC a few years ago these are the biggest discounts I've ever seen on Cabourn

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014