1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Thanks .. then End is the only place I can see the indigo so far.

2. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

And Corniche!

3. Eric Gill Sans

Looks like the green Hunting Jacket has already sold out in all sizes at End Clothing

Kafka now online with a few AW pieces

Development on the Cabourn site - there is a AW13 tab and the title of a Pea Coat but no image yet so watch that space!

4. Eric Gill Sans

More from 'Cabourn Watch'

Present in London aren't getting in Cabourn's AW13 collection in despite them doing really well with selling the SS13 collection

I think it is because they would have probably have had to order it prior to them selling the SS13 collection

Interestingly when I was up at the Converse x NC launch at End some months ago, when I was talking to Drew, I did overhear a conversation with Nigel about Present not going forward with the collection because of Nigel's desire to open a London store and looking at properties.

I believe Trunk clothiers in London are still going to stock the AW13 collection in London though but watch this space

1 person likes this.
  5. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Last year was my first with Cabourn - AW12 Crazy Cameraman and Crazy Mallory. For Spring 13 I purchased the Camo Notch jacket. I have to admit that nothing is grabbing at me this season. I do not need another Cameraman nor do I need another Mallory. There was a double backed hooded overcoat (not the Cashmere toggle) which was shown in the lookbook - it was interesting however I shudder to think about the price.

I am surprised dealers continue to buy into the parka's (Everest etc.). They are extremely pricey and many seem to always remain at the end of the season - often at marked down prices.

6. Eric Gill Sans

Space filled !

Trunk clothiers just posted some Cabourn AW13 pieces

Some nice simple 'v' neck knitwear at sensible prices

7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yes, Kafka's been up for a few days now. Looks like they played it safe with their buys. Kafka's a great shop btw. Never been there of course, but their customer service online has been great. Reminds me I need to put in an order.

Trunk went up yesterday. Another different buy when you compare it to End and Superdenim, but it looks rather limited at the moment. They seem to do well with their Cabourn and it moves really quickly.

AW13 isn't grabbing me entirely just yet. I think a lot of pieces are still on their way though. It is growing on me the more I look at it. Like buzz I don't really need another Mallory, though I think I "need" [​IMG] another Cameraman.

That Hunting Jacket upon further review has grown on me. Prefer the navy to the green, but they're out of my size anyway.

I still think the SS Collections, at least the last two, are underrated. I went a bit overboard with SS. Problem is I'm an outerwear guy and Nigel does sooo much outerwear.

8. benecios

benecios Senior member

Thinking about a Ventile Camerman in the sales but they only seem to have 48's, I take a 50 in the 'regular' Cameraman, was wondering if the Ventile one is a bit of a larger fit with it being a bit more 'floaty' and not as rigid. Has anyone any experience of the Ventile one?

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Anything about the wool vest from pitti?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Thanks! .. but they still don't have my size, they don't seem to ever stock 46s for some reason. (I promised myself a blue Mallory this winter so if I can't find an indigo one shortly I guess I'll "settle" for navy.)

I like the pieces at Trunk, not very many of them but it's all good stuff. Trunk seem to be pretty good generally about keeping to a cohesive aesthetic.

11. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

A bit later than promised, but here's a couple of pics of the bomber I picked up at the Rugged Museum last week:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

That is beautiful, what's the material?

13. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

It's a treated medium-weight cotton canvas treated by Olmetex, an Italian company that specializes in waterproofing fabrics.

Edit: I've done some searching and apparently, this is a Somerville jacket (maybe from A/W 2009?).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  14. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

I have last s/s Ventile cameraman , take 56 , but 54 would be good .. as you say , not as rigid , and dont sweat like mad .. Ventile is superb in the Cameraman ..

15. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Does Corniche or trunk post measurements anywhere? I'm always between a 46 and 48 in NC so without measurements, it's a guessing game.

Also, is the clip jacket not being made anymore? I have not seen one in a long time.

16. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

17. Phil McCrackin

shame Ushowu dont answer their emails or messages on facebook ..

18. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Does anyone know if there is a tweed and ventile cameraman this season or do all the classic cameramen jackets still use Mackintosh?

19. Phil McCrackin

iSN'T THE cRAZY CAMO ONE THAT ?

20. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Cheers but I'm pretty sure that's Mackintosh on the top part.