• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

gululv

Reaction score
I will probably try to find a us clip jacket for the spring. What size should I go for? I have the storm parka (could have sized up perhaps) and geddes in 48, aircraft in 50.

nixda

Reaction score
I'd go for the same size you 'normally' wear all your NC clothes in. There's also a bit of stretch. I'd say 48 if you're going to wear a t-shirt underneath or 50 if you're going to use it to layer and wear a collared shirt underneath.

I've got a 50 I'm going to put up for sale soon since I just ordered a 48. All my NC shirts are 48. In some pieces I can go up to 50, but for the most part I'm a 48.

gululv

Reaction score
Thanks nixda, what colour will you be selling? Is it more like a sweater or a jacket? I have thought of it more like a jacket, but have never seen it person.

nixda

Reaction score
Mine is navy with white on the inside (size 50). It's very heavy sweatshirt like material. So more like a sweater. I think it would look best when layered with a collared shirt.

Smirge

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have sifted through the thread periodically but hope you appreciate I couldn't do all 167 pages, so apologies if this has been asked & answered before. I've not bought any Cabourn til now, and just picked up the Heavy Wax Surface Jacket (half price, thank ****!) as a late Xmas present to myself. Well, in fact bringing Xmas into it full stop may be pushing it
smile.gif

I wasn't sure how Cabourn sizes up, I ended up going for a 48; I have plenty of CP Company outerwear in a 48 and this made sense, although I do also have Italian knitwear in a 50. I'm basically a 39-40" chest, either way, and was hoping for this jacket to fit relatively snugly. Is this likely to be the case...?

It won't show up for at least a week, so my patience will not stretch that long
satisfied.gif

Cheers.

SuEd

Reaction score
Is the SS13 collection going to be available through the Cabourn website? Has any stockist taken inventory yet or are we all waiting for the website store to launch in February?

nixda

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have sifted through the thread periodically but hope you appreciate I couldn't do all 167 pages, so apologies if this has been asked & answered before. I've not bought any Cabourn til now, and just picked up the Heavy Wax Surface Jacket (half price, thank ****!) as a late Xmas present to myself. Well, in fact bringing Xmas into it full stop may be pushing it
smile.gif

I wasn't sure how Cabourn sizes up, I ended up going for a 48; I have plenty of CP Company outerwear in a 48 and this made sense, although I do also have Italian knitwear in a 50. I'm basically a 39-40" chest, either way, and was hoping for this jacket to fit relatively snugly. Is this likely to be the case...?

It won't show up for at least a week, so my patience will not stretch that long
satisfied.gif

Cheers.
I think you picked the right size, basing it on your chest size.

bensolujofin

Reaction score
Is the SS13 collection going to be available through the Cabourn website? Has any stockist taken inventory yet or are we all waiting for the website store to launch in February?
I haven't seen any new season stock in any online store yet.. I guess it's on its way, I doubt Cabourn will only be sold via their own website..

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody comment on the quality of their stuff? Where is the stuff made?

volatile

Reaction score

Not sure - I ordered a couple of shirts and a mechanic jumper and will let you know... In interviews and press releases and on blogs, they say that their stuff is "locally produced wherever possible", so most seems to be UK-designed and UK-made. (http://www.selectism.com/2012/07/11/selectims-qa-ketisn-common-people/; http://www.thetweedpig.com/2012/11/common-people-clothing.html; http://www.arkiveclothing.co.uk/blog/277_CommonPeopleClothing-AW12.html).

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's nearly all (bar shoes) made in the UK, but tweed is typically Italian rather than English.

Quality of construction is good, materials are decent but not up to Cabourn stuff (but not the price tag either). Not dis-similar to Cro'Jack.

I've ordered a pair of trousers, field shirt and jacket from the sales. Jacket sizing seems a bit variable...

Some pieces are perhaps a little too similar to Cabourn, although not to the degree I'd call them rip-offs, and other pieces are definitely Junya influenced. Whilst there are only so many ways of tweaking heritage pieces hopefully he'll find a more distinctive style over time.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coggles have an extra 30% off their remaining sale stock (Extra30) - it brings the white Bowers coats down to a decent price, but much as I like them I don't think I'd wear a white coat often enough.

nixda

Reaction score
Thanks nixda, what colour will you be selling? Is it more like a sweater or a jacket? I have thought of it more like a jacket, but have never seen it person.
Well, looks like I'll be selling the 48 instead of the 50. The 50 fits me large and the 48 fits too small. So, I'm going with the 50. Will post the 48 up for sale. So, basically, brand new US Clip in Navy size 48.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads