1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Anyone ordered from Flannels before? Are they legit? Ordered the aircraft jacket last week and it's been "processing" ever since.

2. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

I've bought quite a few Cabourn items from Flannels over the last couple of years both in store and via the website and they have been fine - you might be best ringing them to see why it's still in processing
    They have all their stock spread in various shops and so they need to get the item from the store into their Manchester hub and then send out to you so that could be the delay

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  3. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Ah I see, thanks Eric; funnily enough it's just changed to 'ready to ship'!

4. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Flannels are notorious for taking a lifetime to send stuff ..

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

I just received a pair of trousers from Flannels. They didn't take too long to ship, but they never sent tracking info until I bugged them today. It turns out the package was waiting for me to pick it up!

Edit: Epic fucking failure on the ARN Mercantile chinos. They are 32W, but the inseam must be around 25"! :cloud:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  6. Phil McCrackin

took 10 days for a shirt to come , reluctant to use them again ..

7. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Christ, I think it's taking so long that my bank has actually cancelled the charge, meaning I'll probably have to go through the order all over again. That's if they actually respond to email.

8. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Just a heads up- I changed my plans and I'm selling a black Coastal Command Shearling jacket, not the brown one. The price is just 1000 GBP, first owner was Drew from NC (it's a sample).

9. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

10. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Browsing through that Yoox link reminds me: I have noticed that this season's green jersey mallory does not seem to have sold at all well.

Does anyone know where the Cabourn x Converse Bosey boot is made? I would guess wherever the rest of the Converse stuff is made but I can't find that confirmed anywhere.

11. nixda

nixda Senior member

I just received this jacket and vest (Denim work). Bought them based on the photo below. Immediately washed them to give them a better look and loosen up the fabric a bit. I don't think they shrank much if any. The one thing I find funny is that there is a hook and loop on the collar so one can close it up in bad weather, but there is no way unless you have a 12" neck size. Even in the photo below you can see that the collar is too small to close all the way around the neck. Not sure why they didn't just leave the loop and hook off.

Either way. Very nice jacket and vest.

12. Eric Gill Sans

China

13. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Thank you .. I thought that might be the case.

14. Eric Gill Sans

Glad it looks good after being washed

I must say I am absolutely delighted with how my linen denim work pocket jacket and Hospital vest from SS11 turned out after washing on 40 degrees

It has shrunk a little and ruffled up along the reinforcement tapes so now they fit like a glove and look so much better - should have done it a couple of years ago

It doesn't work for the thick Turner canvas jackets and vests though as I washed a Cabourn turner canvas AW11 hospital vest and it didn't shrink and left it looking quite unappealing so I had to completely repress it with a steam iron on top of a cloth to get it looking right

I have just had my Turner cotton canvas AW11 unlined Tenzing jacket dry cleaned and the finish was much better

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

You guys inspired me to give my indigo linen denim naval trousers (which were too large) a hot soak, which shrank them up quite nicely. So, thanks! The smaller sized 4 pleat linen pants arrived from Corniche, and they fit great as well.

It turns out that my poorly sized (much too small) ARN trousers fit my girlfriend in a cute 'boyfriend trouser' kind of way...

16. Phil McCrackin

17. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

So I grabbed the aircraft jacket in red and really like it, but my girlfriend thinks it looks horrible on me.

What's everyone's opinion on it and the fit? Keep it or sell it on?

[​IMG]

18. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I like it. Fits you well. You have to keep in mind that it's a boxier fit, though it does taper nicely to the waist.

I don't think many folks would go for that color. I like it though. I think it looks nice with what you're wearing, but you could also do navy chinos or chambray shorts.

BTW, what's the fabric like? I've read contradictory descriptions from "PU" to beeswax to silk oil.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  19. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

I've come to conclusion that Girls are not quite into workwear. I think its more for us boys to share pictures with.

20. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

I think this is probably very true, and while you only mention workwear we should include hikerdelia (like the aircraft jacket, which to me is a regular anorak more than anything else), retro trainers and "cool" t-shirts.

Heck, for my own part I really like wearing my Cabourn Naval and Bombay pants, and think their baggy style is incredibly stylish, yet my girlfriend thinks they look awful and prefers me in slim-fitting trousers.