• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Mallory not intended for outdoors? I'd say exactly the opposite is true.

It's definitely outerwear. You wouldn't put ventile shoulders on an indoor jacket...

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just posted a bunch of pieces of NC in the marketplace in size 48 (storm parka, reversible flannels, etc.) and lowered the price of a cameraman. I have a navy mallory and will let it go for the right price.

kojiro

Reaction score
I'm so excited guys.. I've managed to get freaking amazing deal on FW11/12 Orange Everest Parka and I took it. I'll post fit photos when I receive it.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some (poor) pics of the Henry Bowers Jkt. I'm still undecided about whether to keep it, I think it needs to be worn with a shirt as anything else underneath doesn't look right. The sleeves are a perfect length for me which amazes me because on every other Cabourn item I've got the sleeves are too long for my short arms.
I got it at half price but I'm not sure if I could do better for the cash spent.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks good to me

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments, I am thinking I might keep it now. I have nothing else like it so it's taking a while to get used to, plus my wife hates it.
It's a size 3 but was sold to me as a 50, I would say it's true to size.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tailor the sleeve cuffs and you're good to go.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that too, looks like a good fit and an interesting piece. You should keep it.

Brattman

Reaction score
How do the Merz B Schwanen pieces fit? The only cabourn piece I own is an Eddie Bauer down vest, which fits me great in size 48. Would it be safe to go with a 48 for the Merz B pieces?

gjkirk

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Cabourn Everest Parka in orange in either a 52 or 54?
I live in Australia and have just experienced 43 degrees but still want one.
Cheers

TSURI

Reaction score
Depends on the item - they have quite a tight fit. I have several Merz and Merz x NC pieces. I am also wearing
48 in my Cabourn items and all my Merz items are in size 5 which equals a Cabourn 48.

bensolujofin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments, I am thinking I might keep it now. I have nothing else like it so it's taking a while to get used to, plus my wife hates it.
It's a size 3 but was sold to me as a 50, I would say it's true to size.

Don't listen to the wife.. If I listened to mine I'd have NO Cabourn in the wardrobe..

My 2p's worth? I think the 4 way roll neck (or any roll neck for that matter) would go well with that coat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads