1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

Just remembered that there are care instructions for Ventile on the Ventile website

check out www.ventile.co.uk

It does mention that Ventile might need reproofing after some time so the label might be spot on.

2. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

But it also says very clearly on the home page:
    "Ventile[​IMG] is not coated or laminated yet the combination of the dense weave and the swelling properties of the fibres when wet provide excellent weatherproofing."

3. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

I really wanna buy the authentic plimesole (not the converse). Can't decide wich size to go for. I would say that a uk 7,5 is my most precis size. In nikes a usually size up to a us 9. But they only come in full size. Anyone with a good advice?

Also going for a pair of bombay bloomers. They seems to fit true to size. Anyone else have any other experience?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Any of you live in Japan, Tokyo in particular?

5. 925

925 Well-Known Member

6. Eric Gill Sans

I will call into the Ventile offices when I'm next passing and ask - they are only about 2 miles from my house

But I guess it is because through wear the fibres stretch and become damaged and the microscopic gaps in the weave open slightly so it might just need an extra repellant coating to help after a while

I can only think this is after a very long time with lots of wear

I think Goretex or any woven fabric will do this after a while and a lot of wear and tear

I would embrace the fact that clothes are not perfect have a life and a journey and a developed history which improves with wear

7. Eric Gill Sans

It sound like I have the same shoe size as you 7.5 UK shoe size I bought the UK size 8 Army Plimsol from last Summers collection which looks identical to this seasons and they fit like a glove.

8. breadan

breadan Member

They had a few Cabourn pieces when I went there a couple of weeks ago

9. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

Thank you! Took the last pair in navy from end. What do you think about the sole? do you find it slippery when it's wet outside?

10. Eric Gill Sans

I haven't noticed any slippage in the wet although I've tended to wear them mostly in the dry I think. Wore them everyday on holiday last year in Spain but it was baking dry

11. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Great.
    I'm very interested to hear what they're saying on this.

12. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

I got a harris tweed mallory and had to size up- the 48 was too constricting around the shoulders. The 50, however, is big pretty much everywhere else.
    I want to shrink it by washing as per the instructions on the cabourn blog, but that post has been taken down. I seem to remember someone here went a full size down by putting it in the machine at 30 degrees... would that be a mistake? any suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  13. irbe

irbe Senior member

I wouldn't machine wash it, luke warm water and just let it dry. Btw, the lapels also shrink, just FYI or at least mine did.

1 person likes this.
  14. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Raw Yellow Cameraman in 50 for sale guys.. Check out my classifieds!

15. loman69

loman69 Member

got it from End, the compton jacket.
    It's very british.[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

16. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I like it.

1 person likes this.
  17. Eric Gill Sans

The Compton Jacket looks great - thanks for posting

18. Eric Gill Sans

Out of interest, part of Nigel's SS13 was inspired by Denis Compton an incredible sportsman, English cricketer AND footballer which is where the jacket gets its name

When you have 5 minutes, I recommend you give Denis Compton's Wikipedia entry a read - its quite remarkable - especially the story where he forgot his bat and borrowed an antique bat from the museum

It's a must read

1 person likes this.
  19. TSURI

TSURI Well-Known Member

20. loman69

loman69 Member

Yeah, he even forgot his age. Classic!