• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tan looks a whole lot better in person than on pics IMO

kojiro

Reaction score
Too bad they don't have a limited edition military green version of the Geddes..

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
Does anyone have fit pics of the moss Geddes?

TerraceGent

Reaction score
Cabourn is always better in person as it really needs natural light for the colours to come out, also a bit of wear helps - they really get better with age.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my stripe army tweed mallory from the sample. Love the construction and fabric. I tried it on and it was a little big and boxy, sleeves seem full. I could have sworn last season I tried on a 48 in the navy and it fit perfectly. Not sure if this is a tad bigger because its perhaps SAMPLE. Has anybody washed their mallory yet? I know it was done here:
http://terracegent.blogspot.ca/2011/07/how-to-wash-your-nigel-cabourn-mallory.html
But want to hear peoples experiences. Also it says to lay it in the sun, No sun where I am so wondering if washing it in warm water and just laying out will still cause it to shrink.

^
Lol kay good to know. Btw hope you didn't mind me posting your blog. Would a dryer under LOW heat work? I just want to wear the jacket so bad that is all

Okay decided to soak my jacket and lay it inside to dry. Did it last night and this morning when I looked at it, it did look like it shrank a bit. But will confirm when its completely dry.

More on the jacket. The colour ARMY STRIPE, but to me it looked grey from the pics when I ordered it:

When I got the jacket however, its more of a brownish green which explains the color "army." But for some reason when I'm outside the jacket looks grey. Either way I'm really impress with the Harrris Tweed. Hopefully the jacket will shrink enough that I don't have to make any adjustments. Will post results

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone should get that navy Geddes (52) at UshowU. Price is even better than Marrkt

Tadite

Reaction score
That's a great jacket. Wish I had been a bit quicker!

kojiro

Reaction score
Geddes size 52. that's some huge ass jacket..
Damn these Geddes jackets are nice.. I dig all 4 colourways and I'll probably try to grab all 4.

Tadite

Reaction score
Not that it's part of the pop up sale but the puffer jacket I think is rocking is (of course it's also just a bit ore common looking):

and more likely (even if it should have had a hood and the collar is a bit much):

The advantage of the later one is Ventile. It's the only thing that I'm just a bit nervous about with my Skyliner and most of the other Nigel puffer jackets. Waxed Cotton drill isn't all that great in the rain, with the Nigel ones having a thin layer, and down can take forever and a day to dry. Ventile is amazing. It's shocking resilient to water and with that as the outer shell the jacket is vastly more useable. As is with a thin waxed cotton I'm going to have to be careful.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So wait everybody is sizing down ONE from their cameraman size? Or NC size in general. Because I'm a 46 in camerman and 48 mallory (post wash - most likley)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So wait everybody is sizing down ONE from their cameraman size? Or NC size in general. Because I'm a 46 in camerman and 48 mallory (post wash - most likley)

thats what i would do

ive handled both in multiple seasons so unless things change yes

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geddes size 52. that's some huge ass jacket..
Damn these Geddes jackets are nice.. I dig all 4 colourways and I'll probably try to grab all 4.

Are there four of you?

kojiro

Reaction score
No, but I wish there were- I could wear all 4 at the same time.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Layer :slayer:

Can anybody compare the skyliner to camerman / mallory sizing?

Last edited:

Tadite

Reaction score

^Layer :slayer:
Can anybody compare the skyliner to camerman / mallory sizing?

Sure. For a tailored reasonably slim look I'm a 48 in a Camerman (the summer version with linen) and that's the size I purchased my Skyliner. It fits and is comfortable but don't expect much of a layer below it!

In a Mallory I was a 50 primarily because of how much the shoulder width drops from a 50 to 48 (no idea is this has changed it's been a few years since I tried one on). PtP I was fine in the 48 but just couldn't work out the shoulders. I'm 6 foot 175 pounds and a 40r.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads