• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Geddes today (damn, that was fast). Couple comments: (1) it's so freaking awesome, and (2) my sz 50 fits me about the same as my 52 cameraman (actually the cameraman is a tad more snug at the shoulders) so sizing down works perfectly for me since I had no interest in achieving an oversized look.

Glad you like it and thanks for sharing the fit info. What color did you get?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha, no sky blue in this house.
It's a nice snug fit everywhere but is how I like it as I would only ever wear a t shirt, polo, or thin sweater under it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad you like it and thanks for sharing the fit info.  What color did you get?

The one they call "tan. But to my eyes is more of a light olive with tan/light brown accents and patches

accg1991

Reaction score
Same here!!!!!! They are going to make me a refund, but does not respond to my emails
censored.gif
Hi. Only just joined the forum so forgive me if people know this already, I'd imagine most do.
smile.gif
The sale/Marrkt is run by Superdenim, so if you have any problems in the future, you could always use their live chat system on their page to ask a question. They are pretty good at responding and really helpful!

kojiro

Reaction score
Ah I couldn't make up my mind whether I should settle for 'moss' or 'tan' (yes, it should be called olive). I think I'll buy the tan as well but want to determine how it fits me first. This Marrkt initative is quite a cool thing.

Biggen

Reaction score

Got my Geddes today (damn, that was fast). Couple comments: (1) it's so freaking awesome, and (2) my sz 50 fits me about the same as my 52 cameraman (actually the cameraman is a tad more snug at the shoulders) so sizing down works perfectly for me since I had no interest in achieving an oversized look.

How's the sleeve length compared to the cameraman?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a Hospital Jacket in size 52, preferably in the olive color from this Spring. If anyone has one, let me know.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still waiting on a navy mallory in 46 and a cameraman in 44. my cameraman in 46 was too big :(

kojiro

Reaction score
I'm actually looking for a few more NC items. Is that normal that NC releases it's A/W items in uh.. parts?
There are some items that should have been released but I still haven't seen them anywhere despite sneak peeks of A/W collection.
Here's one jacket I'm interested in:

Also look at the quilted jacket next to it on the lower image- it looks like a modified Geddes jacket.. Any idea if we are to see these jackets in stores (or maybe these are just samples and may vary from what will be available for purchase)?

And there's this quilted blazer from NC x EB collection, also haven't seen this around.

If anyone has any info on these, I'd appreciate sharing it with me.. also since I never really followed the release dates etc, is that normal that some of these items pop up later on in the season? It's kind of strange, at least that's not what I'm used to with other brands... let me know guys.

modo

Reaction score
Last edited:

kojiro

Reaction score
As for quilted blazer- nice find! Thanks!
And as for the other jacket with the yellow patches- nope, that's not Kara Koram.. notice the cuffs and also the patches on the elbows. That's some different stuff. Sames goes for the fur trimmed quilted jacket hanging next to it- it's also something that hasn't been released. Anyone familiar with how NC stuff is released? Should we see more stuff when further on in the winter season?

modo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wanted to say hi to all of you on this thread. I'm following the discussions for quite some time now and got my first Cabourn piece last winter with the help of some information I found in this thread. Thought that I join in sharing and contributing to this thread.

I also ordered a Geddes (navy) in size 46 in the Marrkt sale. I'm usually a 48 and hope that it will fit. But based on the feedback i already read here I'm positive. Will keep you posted.

modo

kojiro

Reaction score
Yeah, silly me, it's Kara Koram jacket, it doesn't have the yellow patches, just yellow patches on the gloves for it. Speaking of which.. are these gloves sold along with each Kara Koram jacket or do you buy them separately? I think it would be a cool move if they sold them together.
PS
Although I'm not particularly interested in it, I wonder what is this quilted, Geddes-lookalike jacket hanging next to Kara Koram. Another mystery :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads