Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Might work for you. It didn't feel that long plus it's not that big of a problem if a winter jacket is a little big in the body. The measurements on Superdenim also says that the difference in length between a 48 and 52 is only 2 inches

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

After saying I wasn't going to order anything, I couldn't resist the prices on Marrkt. I picket up the khaki peak lapel jacket in linen, and the khaki linen four pleat pants. Those were the only things I had been interested in, so it was nice that they made it to about 80% off.

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

That jacket was one of the better deals yesterday when I had another look. You'll have to post your thoughts when you get it.

4. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

I picked up the 4 pleat linen trousers as well. I was definitely tempted to get the jacket, still might convince myself before the marrkt sale ends. Quite the bargain since they also deduct VAT for orders to Canada!

Zissou, what size jacket did you order?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

I ordered the 50, which is my size in the Mallory and cameraman. Lewis at superdenim tried on the Mallory and the peak lapel for me, and said they fit the same.

Will do, blaugrana.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

It was this photo from a JP website that convinced me.

[​IMG]

7. cositgotdark

cositgotdark Member

Afternoon Gents, first post from a long time lurker.

I've been a big fan of Mr Cabourn and the brand for a number of years now and have been gradually building a modest little collection. For me I love the design, the materials, the quality, the craftmanship, the heritage - everything the brand represents. The only downside is I now find it really hard to be interested in anything else! My bank balance and wife aren't much impressed by this.

Although this isn't Cabourn specific I thought I would share this as it might interest some of you. I've just received a newly released hardback called Vintage Menswear - A Collection From The Vintage Showroom published by Laurence King

It catalogues 130 key pieces from The Vintage Showroom in London and goes into the history and design of each piece. It's a really interesting read and you can see where the inspiration for a lot of Cabourn pieces comes from (I say inspiration, some things just look like modern day copies!). Here's a video about the place and the book where you can see a very Cabourn looking cold weather parka

Great book and the place sounds really interesting, definitely worth a look in when I'm next down in London

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Thanks for the video, and welcome! What are some of your favorite pieces that you own?

Looking at the Scott's line, I cant get over the fact that most of the wool outerwear is unlined. Would not be much fun to wear at all...

9. engar

engar Senior member

Got my blue Harris Tweed Mallory from Eligens yesterday. The fabric is sooo cool.

10. London

London Senior member

wear it well. I bought the blueish/gray last year and can't wait to get it out of storage today.

11. metronomy

metronomy Active Member

12. jnnj

jnnj New Member

"why korean?"

You're a few days late on this. PM the dude if you have a problem/question. Don't need a race debate in this thread.

13. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Thanks for the link to Eligens. The shop looks really cool from the pictures. I'll have to visit the next time I'm in Barcelona. Have you any idea what Cabourn pieces they have in shop?

Think I might get a Navy Mallory as well this year. I tried one on in Corniche a few weeks back and I was wondering if any of you guys could advise on how it's supposed to fit. If I remember right, it fully covered my bum. Is that correct or is that a little too big for me? Also did any of you guys tailor the arms or did you leave them as is for a kinda oversized look?

14. engar

engar Senior member

You´re welcome. The shop is really nice.
    My Mallory was "fresh out the box" and I tried the military green Mallory just to check which one I prefer, even if I pre-ordered the blue. I´m not sure about which pieces they have but I saw fairisle bags, not sure if they are sweaters or vests, and the staff said that they ordered Cameramans and Mallorys (neither downs nor parkas).

15. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Ah, Mallory.. my next purchase after Everest / next Coastal Command :)
    Which season / color is this navy Mallory on the left? It looks absolutely great! This is Turunen's collection, I hope you don't mind using your photo, I just re-paste it here as you already used it earlier. -edit- I found the image of the Mallory which Turunen posted, so I'm re-posting it:

[​IMG]

Any idea where/if can I get that Mallory and which season is it? I hope it's F/W 11..

By the way guys- Haven has some new NC fall items. Check out their stock:
    http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/nigel-cabourn

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012