Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Exactly what Kuznetsov said- that law is valid throughout the whole European Union. And as far as I understand you are based in Germany. Oooor it's just simply some kind of scam, I don't know, but all these messages and stuff you write looks like generated / copied & pasted from some other people at different forum.. so, are you even human? ^^

nixda- did you alter your aviator / bomber jackets with aero leather? What was the cost of this operation? I asked them but they are not very helpful even with rough / approximate estimate..

2. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

zissou: well that's not neccessarily the case.. if you buy from a private seller and he sends you a brick instead of, say, a coat, you can't do anything. It's enough that the seller proves that he sent the item to you (by providing Paypal with the tracking number for instance) and Paypal won't meddle at all in the content of the package that he sent- your case will be automatically closed, without an option to lodge a complaint or something.. That's Paypal protection for you.. :) It only works if you buy stuff via ebay. I don't know about shops but I think it won't work either... Paypal protection plan is *exclusive* for ebay related transactions. I know because I was scammed not once and not twice with that kind of move. So a word of warning- if you deal with someone outside of ebay, better be sure the guy is trustworthy.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Dude he's displayed a reasonable proficiency in understanding english, I think he can understand something as simple as that.

4. jafka

jafka Member

Please retwitt.

5. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

When ordering from Marrkt, they offer the choice of shipping via FedEx or DHL for shipping to North America.

Does anyone know which is the cheaper option when comparing additional charges (brokerage, etc.)?

nvrmnd I just went to checkout on the site and see that they have the option of Royal Mail for shipping. That is great! Never had any problems with that.

6. irbe

irbe Senior member

I would email them to ask them to do Royal Mail. Think both u will get dinged for sure.

7. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Just picked up the beige lapel waistcoat from marrkt for 77 quid... despite saying that the summer spree was over.. oh well i was thinking about paying 140 quid the other day..

8. nixda

nixda Senior member

Mine was fixed at no cost since it was their mess up. It was an Aero Long Half Belt jacket.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

If there is no other solution, why not just find a tailor to make some adjustments to the hood? At least it's not a problem like one sleeve being three inches too short. Please stop overloading this thread with the problem.

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Welcome to the forum.

I was tempted to buy a waistcoat, but they don't work too well for me. I hear you on those prices though. I'm just surprised at how much stock they had to being with. Glad to hear you got some nice stuff.

11. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Ordering from Marrt: I've placed two orders this Summer. One from Superdenim (non-Cabourn) and one from the Marrkt sale. Both were sent here to the States via FedEx and I didn't get hit with customs. Both packages were marked accordingly so as to avoid that.

On to the case of the damaged coat. I honestly feel for the guy based on what I've seen. If you spend that much and the coat is defective then whoever sold it to him, assuming it's a shop, should return it for him. In fact I'd go a step further and say that Cabourn should consider doing something for him too, IE fix it for him. I can see it from Cabourn's end in terms of being skeptical, but this seems a total one-off they can take care of and stand by their product. Of course that's all being said that it is indeed defective. And I will say there's a way of handling things and it sounds like it might not have been done the best way. Anyway, I'm just curious as to where he bought it.

12. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

I don't mean to offend the op but from his posts here he seems to be quite aggressive on top of what might be some miscommunication issues with the cabourn contact. I would recommend that he contact the store he bought it from to talk on his behalf with cabourn on this issue.

This hate campaign is really not going to get him anywhere

13. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Everest Parka I will be getting it soon, got a good deal but it's size 52.. I wonder if it is absolutely impossible for a 6 ft tall guy to look good in it. I'll simply re-sell if the fit is terrible,I would probably feel best in size 48, judging by the measurements.. anyone here has one?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  14. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

I don't own an Everest parka but have tried one on in size 52. I'm 6'4 and it fit me quite well although wouldn't have minded sligtly longer sleeves.

15. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Hey Biggen, thanks for the info. Do you think it's going to be totally unacceptable for a guy 6'0" to wear a size 52?