1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^ Looks good to me

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I concur Bene, looks good. What size is that?

4. benecios

benecios Senior member

Thanks for all the positive comments, I am thinking I might keep it now. I have nothing else like it so it's taking a while to get used to, plus my wife hates it.
    It's a size 3 but was sold to me as a 50, I would say it's true to size.

5. London

London Senior member

Just tailor the sleeve cuffs and you're good to go.

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I like that too, looks like a good fit and an interesting piece. You should keep it.

7. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

How do the Merz B Schwanen pieces fit? The only cabourn piece I own is an Eddie Bauer down vest, which fits me great in size 48. Would it be safe to go with a 48 for the Merz B pieces?

8. gjkirk

gjkirk Member

Has anyone seen a Cabourn Everest Parka in orange in either a 52 or 54?
    I live in Australia and have just experienced 43 degrees but still want one.
    Cheers

9. TSURI

TSURI Well-Known Member

Depends on the item - they have quite a tight fit. I have several Merz and Merz x NC pieces. I am also wearing
    48 in my Cabourn items and all my Merz items are in size 5 which equals a Cabourn 48.

10. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Don't listen to the wife.. If I listened to mine I'd have NO Cabourn in the wardrobe..

My 2p's worth? I think the 4 way roll neck (or any roll neck for that matter) would go well with that coat!

11. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

Looks pretty cool. I'd guess the material will loosen up a little with wear as well? Looks a little stiff right now. Will look marvelous once it wears in a bit.

12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Some decent pieces in the Maarkt sale if you're of whippet build, next to nowt for the 52/54's.

14. gjkirk

gjkirk Member

Has anyone seen an Arctic Parka in Orange and a size 52 on the net? I keep on missing these sales.

15. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

On sale? Or retail? For retail (or for slightly less), it's definitely buyable, easy peasy. But if you are hoping for a huge discount, you can forget about it... I haven't ever seen these jackets for with a significant discount, just some clues that they were for sale (but my guess is that stores had like last one and they wanted to clear the stock).

Speaking of Everest Parka- I just received mine. This jacket is simply superb.. I got size 48 which still is very big and fits me nicely, maybe size 50 would be a bit better for that oversized look, but 48 still looks great. There are few things I didn't know about, like that there's an elastic cord you can model in the hood, you can shape the hood as you fancy. The jacket is also very lightweight. One problem is that the hem and cuffs tend to change the colour to the color of the garment they are rubbing against. So the hem on the inner side gets dark if you are wearing the jacket with jeans. Well, no biggie and I hope it's washable.
    I will post some fit photos later on. Just a heads up- if someone is thinking about getting one of these jackets, go for it. It's a stunning piece which I hope I'll wear for next 10 years.
    By the way, I don't know if you've seen the video of Nigel talking about the Everest Parka- he showcased a new one and a 9 year old one. The 9 year old was sooo beautifully faded.. gave it that extra vintage look. I hope my jacket will fade in the same manner.. damn I can't find the video but it has been posted at youtube.

16. TSURI

TSURI Well-Known Member

SALE10 at Flannels e.g. Mallory in 52 for 355.50

17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Plus £100 shipping.

18. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Actually I'll take that back a bit. Still a ton for shipping, but that is a good price, after you deduct VAT. On top of that, Flannels does deduct VAT from the cost of shipping which surprises me.

19. TSURI

TSURI Well-Known Member

Shipping charges are insane - that's true.

20. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Well I think I saw the price you posted and thought VAT was factored in. Now if you factor in something else the shipping is spread out, but I resisted the Debenham in white. Would probably get dirty really quickly anyway. Thanks again for posting that.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013