Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

remember, too, that the coastal command jacket will be worn in the dead of winter when you are wearing other layers, such as a heavy knit sweater. Have you tried layering up and then putting it on?

2. nixda

nixda Senior member

If you love the jacket that much then I probably would suggest flying over. I would probably do that myself. :)
    Definitely contact them first though. The other thing about Aero is that when they do alterations, they will sow back into the same holes as the original ones, so you can't see any difference.

3. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

I tried to take the fit photos but my DSLR is busted and a pocket cam I have simply wasn't up to task.. -edit- after all I'll show the photos, even though they are really terrible.. I hope that you can tell anything from them.

I don't think I'll be using it in the dead of winter.. it's -25 here when it's the dead of winter, the jacket would be ruined :) Especially the paint on the hood. I want to use it though for late autumn /early winter / end of winter. I think it's perfect for that. I also don't think it's designed for heavy layering- there's simply no space for it. I can hardly move my hands with a knit sweater (which wasn't really a heavy knit sweater.. ). I think the most you can stuff inside this jacket is a shirt and a thin sweater for it.

I contacted Aero leather as you suggested nixda, I can always go to a good taylor, fit it, and then take notes / measurements and send them over with the jacket to Aero. This way I wouldn't have to pay them a visit, although I agree that it would be best to go there in person. I have to seriously consider flying over. I also wonder what would be the cost, but probably a small fraction of the price I payed for the jacket, I can live with that.

Here are the photos (sorry for rubbish photos). You'll probably say these don't tell that I should be trimming the jacket, but the fact is that the jacket covers my whole backside :) I don't like that. Your thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nixda

nixda Senior member

It actually looks like a decent, if not good, fit from here. I guess it's how comfortable you are with it. Remember that leather will stretch with wear and where it's tight now will loosen up. This is especially true for horsehide (which yours is not, but still). I would ultimately suggest wearing it one season and then sending it in during the summer when Aero is not too busy. That way you will have stretched it a bit to fit better and will also know exactly what you want to do. Lastly, I think the jacket is meant to cover your ass. Literally and figuratively, if you know what I mean. ;)

Nice jacket!!!

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Some interesting looking Cabourn pieces on eBay in the last week or so.

6. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

-deleted-

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

7. xiaogwuay

xiaogwuay Senior member

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

^WTF, that has to be a mistake.

Kojiro, the fit at the bottom looks fine. It woul dbe nice to see the overall fit if it was zipped higher. The forearms do look oddly snug.

9. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Nixda, I think you got it all wrong, only fluro hood of this jacket should be covering your ass ;)
    Thanks for your valuable remarks. I know I should wait and let the leather work a bit but I'm definitely too impatient for that. The fit is really bugging me.

Speaking of which, I think t looks best as Drew from NC is wearing it at the following photo:

[​IMG]

It's definitely shorter/ slimmer on him than on me and that's the look I'm after (I ponder Drew's wearing size 48 at this photo). In any case, I need the body of the coat to be "V-shaped" rather than straight, just like most of the bomber jackets. But that's me, I think many (most?) would appreciate the straight, a bit baggy look.
    I already got a response from Aero leather and they said that some fit photos / measurements / description would be enough to adjust the jacket.. I'm waiting for the quote now.

zissou- as said earlier, these photos give a wrong impression. I'll re-take the fit photos with a proper camera, I'll post them again here then. And yes, I think you need to stick with the sleeves unzipped or at least half-unzipped, but for chilly weather it may be a problem.. As nice as this jacket is, it sure is troublesome :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

10. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

Price drop on marrkt

11. jafka

jafka Member

My everest parka is defective. So I sent e-mail to nigel cabourn head office.
    But nigel said, it is not defective.
    What do you think about this?
    You can see this video on youtube. (below link)

I can't belive it, although it is very expensive.
    Please post it on your twitter and blog.

12. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I emailed Marrkt a week ago about when their F/W sale might be, but did not receive a reply. Does anyone know anything about that, and what they might in store as far as pieces are concerned?

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

So who got what?

14. jafka

jafka Member

My everest parka is defective. So I sent e-mail to nigel cabourn head office.
    But nigel said, it is not defective.
    What do you think about this?
    You can see this video post about nigel cabourn's defective parka on youtube. (below link)

I can't belive it, although it is very expensive.
    This fuxking parka is never heritage jacket like nigel says.
    Nigel said me also, my parka looks like wrong.
    I can not refund. So I asked normal parka for exchange.
    But nigel said, my parka is never defective.
    Because asymmetry is normal states.
    Is it looks normal? ...what the...
    Please post it on your twitter, blog and another fashion forum website.
    People should know the truth and nigel's lie.
    This parka has many problem. Fucx....My money...

P.S. Which website or forum is powerful, famous and big (europe & asia )?
    And I'm looking for post or infomation about another problem in everest parka.
    Please send me message your infomation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

15. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

wikileaks needs to get on this shit