Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jafka

jafka Member

My everest parka is defective. So I sent e-mail to nigel cabourn head office.
    But nigel said, it is not defective.
    He said I can not exchange or refund.
    What the hell..
    What do you think about this?
    You can see this video post about nigel cabourn's defective parka on youtube. (below link)

I can't belive it, although it is very expensive.
    This fuxking parka is never heritage jacket like nigel says.
    Please post it on your twitter, blog and another fashion forum website.
    People should know the truth and nigel's lie.
    This parka has many problem. Fucx....My money...

P.S. Which website or forum is powerful, famous and big (europe & asia )?
    And I'm looking for post or infomation about another problem in everest parka.
    Please send me message your infomation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

Both are Macintosh I think they just used a different label. It states that it is Mackintosh on the label on the yellow cameraman. I check my King George and it has a label the same as the Harris tweed. As for the difference, one is meant for summer and one is meant for winter but in the hand the winter only seems slightly heavier than the summer version. The Mackintosh seems to me to be the same weight in both with the weight of the winter version slightly heavier due to the Harris tweed. I think he should just do a winter version only . I have the beeswax version(yep in yellow) from a few years ago and its a good weight for a summer jacket but does not feel like a cameraman, this years version feels like a cameraman but is to heavy for a summer jacket.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. London

London Senior member

King George is my go to Cabourn piece

4. modo

modo New Member

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

First I've seen of one. Looks more like the camo version from SS12 than the "typical" Cameraman. Here is the translation from Google (my German only goes so far):

"Cameraman Jacket
    An old friend again in a new guise.
    Inspired by the jacket by Wilfried Noyce, the companion of Sir Edmund Hillary, who was one of his crew during the first ascent of Mount Everest 1953rd
    This version consists of a combination of Scotch Cotton Oilcloth with Harris Tweed. Inside the jacket is completely lined with cotton."

I'll wait for more pics, but that one doesn't interest me too much.

Thanks for posting that modo.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  6. evel

evel Active Member

I take this back I had a few hours to kill in London yesterday, so thought id check out the cabourn in Liberties, turns out they have stopped stocking it, curiosity got the better of me so I checked out Selfridges and they appear not to have it either! So I think that makes Present the only stockist in the smoke now??? (I know there was a shop in Angel that had a few cheaper bits, not sure about them now) So im guessing that explains why Present are shifting stock!

Thanks for the Cameraman pics, think I may try and get the green, although I wanna see how that neck fastens on it first.

7. evel

evel Active Member

^ cheers, like em, will be keeping an eye on the green!

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Nice. Definitely will be looking to grab a Navy Cameraman.

9. mtre

mtre Senior member

^ I'm selling one in a size 50 ;)

10. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Ha, probably the same one then! I was a little hesitant, no-one else had made a bid and I thought 350 was OK.. It's since turned up and is fine! No sleeves missing!

11. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

Ha, probably the same one then! I was a little hesitant, no-one else had made a bid and I thought 350 was OK.. It's since turned up and is fine! No sleeves missing!

12. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

I finally acquired the coastal command jacket. I got myself size 50, I'm 180 cm / 80 kg. I thought I'd share a word of warning- the fit is strange.. the coat is quite long, I'd say a bit too long. It's straight, so the bottom part is a bit loose while the chest area is slim. I think it should be just a tad bit V-shaped or at least slimmer throughout the whole body. The sleeves are VERY tight. I find it hard to move my arms when I zip up the sleeves (but partially unzipped sleeves look better so it's not a big deal). I would gladly size down to 48 but then again the sleeves and chest would be too tight (while the length / width at bottom would be on spot). I think I'll alter it for better fit, I need it trimmed and slimmed down at bottom... The width adjusters which are on each side of the coat, although adjust the width at waist area, but the make the jacket fold unnaturally at back- the leather is very thick, SUPER thick, so with any waist adjustment the jacket fringes at back and shapes awkwardly. I'm a bit picky about the fit, so if anyone is thinking about hunting down this jacket at ebay when occasion arises (and it definitely will sooner or later:), please consider that you'll either be a bit irriated by the fit or you'll need the balls to go to the tailor with it :) I'll do the latter. The drawback is that there will be some small holes at the bottom of the pockets, because the pockets need to be shifted up if I'm trimming it.
    Anyway, I'll post a fit pic so you guys see for yourself, probably later today.

13. nixda

nixda Senior member

You may want to contact Aero Leather and see if they will adjust/tailor it for you. I think they are the ones that made those jackets. I have a custom aero jacket but the sizing for the first two was way off. The third was perfect. Good luck!

14. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Nixda, thanks for an on point suggestion! It definitely is worth considering, although I live in Poland so it may be a bit troublesome.. I wouldn't even be able to show up at their place to fit the jacket first. Maybe I should visit Scotland.. :) Flights are now almost as cheap nowadays as shipping such a heavy jacket with registered postage :)