Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well, I find that Barney's prices are consistently about 30% higher than those from UK shops.

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Was going to say that, I'm guessing there is significant shrinkage due to the wool?

4. turunen

turunen Active Member

Followed the instructions on the blog, and it worked out as perfectly as they stated. Very pleased, will definitely do my other tweed Mallory's.

5. turunen

turunen Active Member

It will shrink the jacket, no doubt about it, however I found the half size I lost made for a better fit. I do prefer a more fitted jacket look, I'm not one for a boxy jacket or wearing anything other than a shirt underneath.

6. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Well we are all made differently, I could loose half size in the chest but definitively not on the belly, my 3 Mallory can be worn with the matching vest tough, anyway they all were deeply reworked because I'm short (1,73m) so, no soaking for me as all measurement were altered by my tailor... Well, not all, the general length and sleeves, but they're almost MTO now! [​IMG]

7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Okay lads I'm leaving this from my iPhone sale have to excuse the message if it comes out a bit garbled. I will at least get the coupon code right. Just an FYI très Bien shop has an extra 15% off their arty reduced sale items. So the keyboarding pieces are already half off plus they subtract 20% for DAT. I'm top of that at the coupon for another 15%. Can you get some amazing deals. So here's the code:

TKNW51r7

No I don't know if that's just a personal code because I was on the email list, but it worked for me. Also, you might want to check out the sale thread because it sounds like someone has mentioned that there. Sorry if this doesn't work for you, I'd be willing to tell you better if I was at home, but I'm at work. Anyway, good luck.

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Okay lads I'm leaving this from my iPhone sale have to excuse the message if it comes out a bit garbled. I will at least get the coupon code right. Just an FYI très Bien shop has an extra 15% off their arty reduced sale items. So the keyboarding pieces are already half off plus they subtract 20% for DAT. I'm top of that at the coupon for another 15%. Can you get some amazing deals. So here's the code:

TKNW51r7

No I don't know if that's just a personal code because I was on the email list, but it worked for me. Also, you might want to check out the sale thread because it sounds like someone has mentioned that there. Sorry if this doesn't work for you, I'd be willing to tell you better if I was at home, but I'm at work. Anyway, good luck.

9. turunen

turunen Active Member

LN-CC have dropped Cabourn to 60%, they must've had returns on the camo tenzing jacket as 48 & 50 are back in stock. Just picked up the 50 for £231, my summer sales shopping is now complete!

10. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Nice catch Turunen! [​IMG]
    Please share some pics once you get the garment (and comment the fitting if you may)

11. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Saw the LN-CC drops this morning. They're a bit picked over. I'm still interested in a Smock Jacket, but I'm just not sure on the size.

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Agreed. On the fence about the jacket. not sure about the sizing either. Don't know how it would work with my wardrobe. Not sure if the blazer will look okay with pants. Want to wear it for work lol

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

End dropped the linen Mallory and surface jacket down to about 60% off.

14. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

OK lads, time to send me the member's only Cameraman. I'm in the club!

Just got my first Cameraman and it fits! You'll have to bear with me here. I first discovered Nigel Cabourn earlier this year back in Spring when Unionmade did this great lookbook where every page was about color. I think I loved just about everything they did for each color, but when it came to the yellows I was taken aback by the Nigel Cabourn Cameraman in the sunshine color-way. They had a bunch of great looking parkas on their site, but this one really blew me away. It was part down to the color, but also the details. Of course true to form I had once again picked out the most expensive item without even trying. Granted there's is marked up more than other places, but I was still in dream land at that price. So about a month ago I stumbled onto Styleforum and I don't even know why anymore. I'm sure I must have done a search for something and came across the site. I honestly can't remember, but I suspect it was after searching for a coupon code. Then of course I found this thread and you've all been most helpful whether it's in the thread or via PM as to my questions. So after figuring out a way to try on the Cameraman from home (I live in Wisconsin there weren't any close to here), meticulously checking and re-checking measurements from websites and then finally measuring myself a few times I sorted out that I'd need a 50. Of course having not tried one on I wasn't sure, but I was pretty confident. Then, just as I was read to order one from LN-CC with their sale and coupon code, our very own moprh here beat me to the 50. As luck would have it I had a few other sources staked out than offered free shipping and got great deals at the end of the day. So I ordered one last week and it was slated to come today. Well in the meantime I had ordered a second one in the Putty-Army color-way from another shop that had a great discount. I was really feeling some anxiety yesterday about size again and measured myself again last night and felt better after that. Well it came today and it fits!

Again, I ordered a 50. Last night my chest measured about a 43. I won't go into too much detail, but I'm fluctuating week to week as I'm either working out and eating really well or the favorite foods of Summer here in WI start calling and I add a couple of pounds. Anyway, I figured it'd be OK the week prior because the measurements on a 50 were pretty universal as being a 22 inch pit to pit measurement. Also the Woolrich John Rich & Bros parka I just picked up was 23 pit to pit. On top of that the try ons I did at home in the 48 and 52 told the former was too small (though I could get it closed without discomfort, though it was snug) and the latter much too big (especially in the body). Finally I also noticed when trying on that the military clasp closures from the chest upward granted one an extra 2/3 of an inch and even a full inch (if you went to the last rung where the fabric is attached) depending on how you closed the clasp. So I was confident in the fit for at least just a shirt and possibly even a sweater. At the end of the day the measurements, try ons and clasp theory all worked out and it fits really well. I tried a heavy sweater and that's a bit snug, but workable. The raglan seam under the arm bugged me for second, but then I realized it was the shirt I had on.

Anyway, love, love, love the coat and thank to ALL for replying to my posts and especially my PMs. The sunshine is definitely my favorite color-way of all the ones I've seen past and present. Unfortunately/fortunately I think there are some great color-ways on the way next year. For now it's back to contentedness and time for some Summer birding.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have some Nigel Cabourn vests/waistcoats for sale. I can't sell here just yet because I've only been a member for about 30 days, but I have great eBay feedback as a buyer and seller and I can put them on eBay or you can PM me. The vests/waistcoats are all size 52. One is a Harris Tweed with that Harris Tweed Anniversary logo while the other two are the Hospital Vest (?) in wool or wool herringbone. I can send pics too. Nice pieces and all will be in and around 70% off. PM me if you're interested.