1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Psyko

Psyko Member

Hey, guys.

I'm in a bit of a pinch here - I really want to buy the New Pocket Tenzing in Camo, but unsure of what size to order. I'm 191 cm(6 ft 3") and quite lean. For reference I have a Mark McNairy Travel Jacket in size 40 which fits really well. I wear a size 32 in most pants(Edwin, Acne, JCrew).

I've been following this thread for a while, so I know you're a helpful bunch.
    Cheers!

2. Psyko

Psyko Member

Oh, forgot to say that I'm thinking about ordering either a 50 or a 52.

3. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

4. Psyko

Psyko Member

Hi, robin.

The models at Trés Bien Shop and ln-cc are all 191 cm tall, like me, and they wear a 48 in the pictures. But I think they're a little skinnier than I am, besides the jacket looks too small on the pictures. I asked superdenim and they recommended going for a 50, not 52. I want it to fit like a blazer so that I can wear a shirt under and the fit will be just on the spot. Tough one...

5. turunen

turunen Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up the stripe shirt recently, quality is amazing, fit perfect too. I expected it to be quite boxy, glad to find it's actually quite fitted.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have that shirt too and love it.

7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Distinguished Member

Thanks for posting that. Unfortunately, unless you're getting the plimsoles, you can find everything cheaper somewhere else.

Good choice. I like that one. I'm just curious where you saw it for 200 quid. I've seen it for a bit more than that, but not that low. I assume you got it during the LN-CC sale. Anyway, I'm also very curious on what the oilcloth is like. Is it a waxy feel and if you put a paper towel to it does it "soil" the towel? I like the color of the coat and the details (even though I prefer buttons to snaps), but the fabric scares me a bit.

Interesting you mention the sizing too. I nearly ordered the Smock Jacket (which runs big if the measurements are correct) in a 46. Measurements say it'd fit me, but I'll probably go 48 if I get it. Problem is I can't find it in "army" anywhere in that size.

Quote:
    Not a big fan of the shirt, but I nearly pulled the trigger on the scarf. Really like the scarf, but I rarely wear the scarves I have so I'll wait and think about it a bit more.

The model at LN-CC's measurements say a 35 inch chest and he as you say has on a 48. So consider that before ordering. Also, I find that End has really accurate measurements.

8. nixda

nixda Senior Member

Definitely looks like a bit of linen in there. Also, looks like the body has been shortened and sleeves lengthened a bit. If it's unlined (or very light lining) I'm in. Very nice!

(source: Viberg blog)

[​IMG]

9. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior Member

[​IMG] Yep, it looks like you're right Nixda, it does seem to be wrinkled linen... Too bad for me and good for you! (man, J. Depp is really getting creepier every year! [​IMG])

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

10. nixda

nixda Senior Member

I used to hate linen so maybe you'll come around on it as well. ;)
    I think if you can get over the wrinkling (which is a nice characteristic in my opinion), it's a very nice fabric that only gets better with age.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

11. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

Hmm, now I am wishing I had waited until next SS to buy a linen Mallory!

12. irbe

irbe Distinguished Member

Yeah the colour is great. Think I'm going to wait for next year ventile jacket, where its not see through.

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Distinguished Member

I may grab the coat this season, but in "Sand" which isn't see through. Just depends on my getting a refund or a credit from a store.

Next year though should have what I would call a better selection. Some good colors, but also a return to the slide button. Also a double zipper IIRC and I get annoyed if designers don't include a double zipper if it's past the waist.

14. nixda

nixda Senior Member

I feel a little the same way, but got a really good deal on my army linen mallory. I'm looking at the gray one for SS13. You can never have too many jackets anyway. ;)

At least that's how I justify it.

15. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

I got a price break on mine, and then it went on sale deeper (at the same shop) immediately after I bought it, and is now even cheaper! So, I am feeling less happy about my purchase. But, it is a great jacket.

I already have too many jackets! :)