• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Trapper737

Reaction score
My new Prospectors are here. The size is wrong (EE instead of E) and the uppers are wrong (smooth/roughout instead of all roughout), but boy are they BEAUTIFUL!

I'm actually happy about the smooth/roughout mistake, as it's an option I went back and forth on multiple times. However, the extra width has me concerned. Toe and ball room feel pretty good (more than enough room and my right pinky toe only lightly touches the side), but my heel feels a bit loose and that worries me. Looking for opinions on heel width from you guys while I wait to hear back from Nicks CS and contemplate a return/exchange. This is my first pair of Nicks and have no reference for fit.

Thanks folks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 330

DG123

Reaction score
My new Prospectors are here. The size is wrong (EE instead of E) and the uppers are wrong (smooth/roughout instead of all roughout), but boy are they BEAUTIFUL!

I'm actually happy about the smooth/roughout mistake, as it's an option I went back and forth on multiple times. However, the extra width has me concerned. Toe and ball room feel pretty good (more than enough room and my right pinky toe only lightly touches the side), but my heel feels a bit loose and that worries me. Looking for opinions on heel width from you guys while I wait to hear back from Nicks CS and contemplate a return/exchange. This is my first pair of Nicks and have no reference for fit.

Thanks folks!
If you've worn work boots before, you should know if this pair of Nicks fits
When standing or taking steps if the ball (widest part) of your foot is not touching the interior of the boot, the size width is too wide for you.

TyrLI

Reaction score
My Nick's Collection:
Top from left: W&C Chestnut Renegades, W&C Dark Brown Renegades, 1964 Brown RO Riverfront Moc-Toe, Tan Oiled Latigo Rangers, Chocolate RO Renegades

Bottom from left: Walnut RO/Smooth Steel Toe BP, 1964 Brown Rangers, Tan Smooth/RO Comp Toe BP, Black Rangers, Walnut RO/Smooth Steel Toe BP

20230608_173653.jpg

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My Nick's Collection:
Top from left: W&C Chestnut Renegades, W&C Dark Brown Renegades, 1964 Brown RO Riverfront Moc-Toe, Tan Oiled Latigo Rangers, Chocolate RO Renegades

Bottom from left: Walnut RO/Smooth Steel Toe BP, 1964 Brown Rangers, Tan Smooth/RO Comp Toe BP, Black Rangers, Walnut RO/Smooth Steel Toe BP

View attachment 1971687
Very impressive

theofficialhung

Reaction score
My Nick's Collection:

View attachment 1971687
Those w&c dark brown renegades are my favorite of the bunch. Thought I wanted the natty double stuffed but those dark browns got me reconsidering.

BG1976

Reaction score
My Nick's Collection:

View attachment 1971687

That's a real nice collection, you definitely like those Renegades. W&Cs are particularly eye-catching 👍.

How long have you been in the Nick's game, if you don't mind me asking?

TyrLI

Reaction score
That's a real nice collection, you definitely like those Renegades. W&Cs are particularly eye-catching 👍.

How long have you been in the Nick's game, if you don't mind me asking?
A bit over 2 years

shredwin206

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler glad to finally see Nicks announce the trades boots program. Will more boots be added? Also where can I get Information as far as the discounts and things?
I’m a UA local 32 apprentice and would love to take advantage but those wedge soles ruined my feet. I live in my builder pros. So will we see a builder pro variant added to the trades program? Maybe I’ll get me a veg tan pair finally!? Haha

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler glad to finally see Nicks announce the trades boots program. Will more boots be added? Also where can I get Information as far as the discounts and things?
I’m a UA local 32 apprentice and would love to take advantage but those wedge soles ruined my feet. I live in my builder pros. So will we see a builder pro variant added to the trades program? Maybe I’ll get me a veg tan pair finally!? Haha
Yeah for sure, it’s something we are working through and appreciate the feedback. I’ll let the team know.

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler any chance you guys can go back to uploading the podcasts to Spotify? I used to listen a lot but now they seem to be only YouTube and it’s harder for me to listen. Thanks!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads