• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

DG123

Reaction score
I work for Nick's... my name just so happens to be Nick. So yes, I suppose so!
Is the height of the Riverfront the same as the Manito?
I tried the Manito but found the 3" height to be uncomfortable. The 4" Aldert is better as it is just tall enough enough to clear the ankle bone.

shredwin206

Reaction score
IMG_8687.jpeg
Cleaning day today for the Nicks

Big-Stetson

Reaction score
The riverfront is a 4" top that is cut. The Manito would be a 3" standard top that is quite a bit stiffer around the ankle.

TyrLI

Reaction score
The riverfront is a 4" top that is cut. The Manito would be a 3" standard top that is quite a bit stiffer around the ankle.
The riverfront is definitely on the floppy side around the ankles. There's zero bite

DG123

Reaction score
The Riverfront Moc Toe (a quick ship item) description reads 3" height. Is that a typo or is the Moc Toe version 3" while the plain toe Riverfront is 4" height ?

TyrLI

Reaction score
The Riverfront Moc Toe (a quick ship item) description reads 3" height. Is that a typo or is the Moc Toe version 3" while the plain toe Riverfront is 4" height ?
It's scalloped. 3.5" at the heel, 4.5" at the top.
20230605_172404.jpg

Big-Stetson

Reaction score
I see what you are referring to here, yes this is a typo and we will have this updated as soon as possible. The Riverfront description should read as a 4" height.

DG123

Reaction score
It's scalloped. 3.5" at the heel, 4.5" at the top.
View attachment 1969699
Thanks for your reply. The standard for measuring boot height is at the backstay (center of the heel counter). So using your photo as a reference I guess the backstay height of the Riverfront model is 3.5".
My Aldert with Vibram wedge sole measure 4" at the backstay and I've enjoyed wearing that pair very much.
Next I would like to try a Nicks Moc Toe and am considering either the Riverfront (Quick Ship) like you have or I may order a standard lead time Aldert Moc Toe.

DG123

Reaction score
I see what you are referring to here, yes this is a typo and we will have this updated as soon as possible. The Riverfront description should read as a 4" height.
At the backstay (at the back-center of the heel counter) is the Riverfront the same 4" height as the
Aldert or is it about .5" shorter ? If it is shorter you should probably describe the Riverfront as a 3.5" tall boot.
* from looking at a photograph consumers will understand that the topline of the collar slopes upward (scallop) from the backstay to the top of the eyelet stay.

Big-Stetson

Reaction score
Side by side comparison of Riverfront & Aldert (Riverfront left, Aldert right)

Attachments

• river front and aldert 1.jpg
    river front and aldert 1.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 94
  • riverfront and aldert 2.jpg
    riverfront and aldert 2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 100

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads