• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Was taking some pics of my dog & snapped a selfie of my Tan Latigo Robert’s. Not great pic but I think we all enjoy something to look at

97CAA507-DB45-40BF-A28E-7A9C511E548A.jpeg

said dog 🐶
55F383F0-CEE3-4362-A67B-7EBAFB455463.jpeg

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Greasestain

Reaction score
So I've been mulling this over and thinking about and maybe I am a bit too late, but seems that my boots are finally going into production this week, but I was wondering what would be the best way if possible to change the boot size. Over the months due to an injury, I've grown a bit concerned with the original size I selected, and hopefully avoid an exchange, wanted to go up a half size and this is probably asking too much at last minute but also if I could add a toe cap option to my boot order. If not then I guess I'll just wait and hope for the best once its finished and arrives, and take it from there.

DG123

Reaction score
So I've been mulling this over and thinking about and maybe I am a bit too late, but seems that my boots are finally going into production this week, but I was wondering what would be the best way if possible to change the boot size. Over the months due to an injury, I've grown a bit concerned with the original size I selected, and hopefully avoid an exchange, wanted to go up a half size and this is probably asking too much at last minute but also if I could add a toe cap option to my boot order. If not then I guess I'll just wait and hope for the best once its finished and arrives, and take it from there.
How did you determine which size Nicks boot to order ?

Korpilombolo

Reaction score
If you haven't actually received an e-mail notification saying that your boot has gone into production, contacting Customer Support ASAP would be a sensible move. In my limited experience Nicks' CS has been very responsive (as they have been here, and on Reddit), so don't just default into it being too late.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, it may be too late if they've started making them, but please send an email to [email protected]. Additionally, you can always exchange for a different size. The exchange turnaround is a few weeks versus the normal lead time.

Greasestain

Reaction score
How did you determine which size Nicks boot to order ?
I used the recommended method from the print out and also adjusted it with the size of comparable boots I normally fit.
Hi, it may be too late if they've started making them, but please send an email to [email protected]. Additionally, you can always exchange for a different size. The exchange turnaround is a few weeks versus the normal lead time.
Great, I just sent an email and I will wait to hear back, thanks all for the suggestion

Greasestain

Reaction score
Just as an update for anyone, I did manage to get the size changed in time, although unfortunately seems that the ridgeline build can't have a toe cap. In anycase glad for the customer service.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just as an update for anyone, I did manage to get the size changed in time, although unfortunately seems that the ridgeline build can't have a toe cap. In anycase glad for the customer service.
I’m glad they could catch the size. The Sierra sole and 360 models are new and not offered with the toe cap. It is something we haven’t done with that welt stitching method. It adds a good amount of bulk. I can’t imagine the toe cap would help functionally, tbh. Like the leather is already really thick. But apologies we couldn’t accommodate the aesthetic. Please do keep me posted.

Greasestain

Reaction score
I’m glad they could catch the size. The Sierra sole and 360 models are new and not offered with the toe cap. It is something we haven’t done with that welt stitching method. It adds a good amount of bulk. I can’t imagine the toe cap would help functionally, tbh. Like the leather is already really thick. But apologies we couldn’t accommodate the aesthetic. Please do keep me posted.
Yea I figured it mightve had to do with the sole and different construction. As for the toe cap it was probably more for aesthetics reasons than functionality, but appreciate the insight. Will be eagerly waiting for the boots.

nvrp813

Reaction score
My understanding is as the width of the boot goes down (D -> C -> B) the overall length of the boot also decreases. With that said, what is the length difference between a 10D and 11B? Hoping someone from Nicks can help me out with this question. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads