• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Nicks Boots Shuyler, in a previous post you mentioned you were looking for ways to use scrap leather pieces… what if you made swatches that you could add to boot purchases, something that the customers could use to test different leather treatments on. And also for people to order to see different leather colors in person… just a thought…
It’s a good idea.

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
We do. Waiting on a shipment of them that is taking forever, actually. I would prefer to have a fit dialed in before using customer-supplied components, like if you’ve bought a “normal” boot from us before and like the way it fits we can work with you.
Thanks, I'll shoot you a chat. Curious what might be available come time for the BF orders to start hitting production.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
I need black boots and I cannot lie.

I’ve sort of avoided black because 1) brown goes better with my overall aesthetic and 2) I’m leery of looking too militant/skinheady. But now it’s come to be a glaring omission in the collection.

I’m thinking since I have seven pairs of lace-up boots, two pairs of pull-ons isn’t that extreme right? Now it seems like the black W&C veg tan bridle stuff doesn’t get any love… what’d y’all think about a pair of pull-ons in that?

TyrLI

Reaction score
I went with dark brown myself.

I think black would look awesome though because you'll get nice contrast from the exposed edges like you would with cxl

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
I need black boots and I cannot lie.

I’ve sort of avoided black because 1) brown goes better with my overall aesthetic and 2) I’m leery of looking too militant/skinheady. But now it’s come to be a glaring omission in the collection.

I’m thinking since I have seven pairs of lace-up boots, two pairs of pull-ons isn’t that extreme right? Now it seems like the black W&C veg tan bridle stuff doesn’t get any love… what’d y’all think about a pair of pull-ons in that?

I have this same feeling... i just know too many guys that are black boot kind of guys, and you can see them coming from a mile away... i'm sure they're not all the same, but man, every single person I can think of has the same kind of "black boot" personality. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing, it just is the way it is, at least for my little neck of the woods.

TyrLI

Reaction score
I have this same feeling... i just know too many guys that are black boot kind of guys, and you can see them coming from a mile away... i'm sure they're not all the same, but man, every single person I can think of has the same kind of "black boot" personality. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing, it just is the way it is, at least for my little neck of the woods.
My black boots are my least worn for this reason... I did my time in the military, the last thing I want to look now is tacticool...

Spiljay2

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler Should I be recieving the normal Nicks shipping email with tracking once my remade boots get shipped out like with the original pair? Also just out of curiousity if given the chance would you guys ever consider doing Olive Waxed Flesh even if it was a limited MTO?
Can I say if there's an Olive Waxed Flesh MTO, I'd
Assuming you placed the order online, yes you should get an email when the order is completed. Sure, I don’t see why not.
If there's an Olive Waxed Flesh MTO, you've got my money

andy b.

Reaction score
Shuyler, can the Aldert be rebuilt with any single-piece Vibram sole once it is time for a rebuild?

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Received my new pair of boots today. Id like to thank @Nicks Boots Shuyler and everyone at Nicks for making the boot so quick. Only took 2 weeks since I had the last pair. As much as I would have liked to have boots 2 weeks ago this hasn't made me think negative of Nicks at all. Tbh it makes me like the company more because of how fast the situation was solved. I actually already put in an order for a second pair of boots for work.

boots5.jpg

Last edited:

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Received my new pair of boots today. Id like to thank @Nicks Boots Shuyler and everyone at Nicks for making the boot so quick. Only took 2 weeks since I had the last pair. As much as I would have liked to have boots 2 weeks ago this hasn't made me think negative of Nicks at all. Tbh it makes me like the company more because of how fast the situation was solved. I actually already put in an order for a second pair of boots for work.

View attachment 1744360

Absolutely stunning boots!

Phanes

Reaction score
It’s a good idea.
Another one would be: small little modular additions system to the belt or shoe lace area. So people can add for example a slope for a hammer or a multitools like Leatherman pen or flashlight, could be simple with a button/rivet connection, so it's detachable. So you don't look all day tacticool like 'edc pouches' try to.

Something like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads