• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

ciceroyeah

Reaction score
I ordered a standard set of Builder Pros on November 10th, they shipped on December 8th, so it was 4 weeks exactly.

Good to hear! Hopefully things are even faster post-holidays, but I will be patient and not get my expectations up. Really excited about this purchase, and fingers crossed I have them by late February...

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler,
Did you ever imagine a team of craftsmen and women handcrafting boots the way they did over 100 years ago were going to require the world's most advanced logistics software to track it all? LOL

And the last statement in the quote above sounds like a good problem to have. ;) Congrats!
No, Andy, this has been a wild ride, and thank you!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the shorter heel, like on an Americana, with the arch support of a 55? I know the Prospector is an option but not sure how the arch compares to a 55 lasted boot, plus the Prospector has a much taller toe box. I imagine heel height is directly tied-in to the arch profile but figured I'd ask as I like the aesthetics of a shorter heel but love the arch support of a 55.
For now the Prospector would be the closest to what you're after with the only major difference between it and the 55 being the toe box height, which I understand may not be what you're after. But as far as the arch support it would be very similar to a low-heel 55. We have a few other projects we are getting through but I would like to have the low arch 55 out in 4-6 weeks.

nvrp813

Reaction score
For now the Prospector would be the closest to what you're after with the only major difference between it and the 55 being the toe box height, which I understand may not be what you're after. But as far as the arch support it would be very similar to a low-heel 55. We have a few other projects we are getting through but I would like to have the low arch 55 out in 4-6 weeks.

If you have any prototypes you’d like tested please keep me in mind. I have quite a few pairs of Nicks, as well as other PNW brands, and would be happy to provide honest feedback.

TyrLI

Reaction score
Does the prospector work with the #3 toe, or is that extra toe height required for comfort?

Phanes

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of Nick's Falcons, standard config in brown chromexcel 11E,
What I mean with great leather earlier.
Nicks uses one of the thickest hides out there of chromexel. So this is how the toe area looks after 18 months. Time for good clean up and q tiny bit of conditioning, less is more.
Screenshot_20220118-105413.png

Also nice to see slight nuances of brown depending on the pull up in stressed areas.
I had a deep cut here from shattered concrete and fixed it with a warm spoon and wax. Patina is what stays after cleanup day.
Screenshot_20220118-105903.png
Combined with a timeless look and great water resistance, this leather is smooth and comfortable,.which makes it an (chrome)excellent choice for an everyday boot.

ciceroyeah

Reaction score
What I mean with great leather earlier.
Nicks uses one of the thickest hides out there of chromexel. So this is how the toe area looks after 18 months. Time for good clean up and q tiny bit of conditioning, less is more.
View attachment 1738880

Also nice to see slight nuances of brown depending on the pull up in stressed areas.
I had a deep cut here from shattered concrete and fixed it with a warm spoon and wax. Patina is what stays after cleanup day.
View attachment 1738882
Combined with a timeless look and great water resistance, this leather is smooth and comfortable,.which makes it an (chrome)excellent choice for an everyday boot.

I'm very excited for my first pair of Nicks Boots, and your post really makes glad I picked the brown choromexcel. As I understand, it's an extremely durable chrome/veg retanned leather that's been hot stuffed.

andy b.

Reaction score
Shuyler,

Quick belt question. Are they 1.5" wide? I thought that was the size you mentioned, but didn't see it when I followed the link from Instagram.

andy b.

Reaction score
Shuyler,

Another question, because I'm dense.
The belt order page states "Your pants waist size" above the sizing dropdown menu, and the photo shows pants waist size and belt size. I want a belt with the middle hole at 34" according to the photo showing how to measure the belt.

What size do I select in the dropdown menu, 30 or 34?

Always remember, if a customer can make the entire process confusing, I will, I mean they will. LOL

And I already decided on black.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler,

Another question, because I'm dense.
The belt order page states "Your pants waist size" above the sizing dropdown menu, and the photo shows pants waist size and belt size. I want a belt with the middle hole at 34" according to the photo showing how to measure the belt.

What size do I select in the dropdown menu, 30 or 34?

Always remember, if a customer can make the entire process confusing, I will, I mean they will. LOL

And I already decided on black.
You should get a 34 as long as it’s a legit 34 and not stretchy denim 34

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads