• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler
How would you characterize the differences between teton tan and 1964 brown roughout? is it just color?

And is this accurate? A $120 upcharge for W&C kilties?

View attachment 1674726
No, the $120 isn’t accurate. Will get that fixed, thanks for pointing that out.

The tan Teton is currently still a little drier than the 1964. So it’s not going to break in as easily. We are working on that but the latest shipment wasn’t that we wanted and was more like the old style.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Fall color palette going strong right here.

Not pictured are my original walnut BPs (overdue for a resole) and natural WF Americanas (found the 6"/FT last combo just ain't my thing – I may be persuaded to let them go if anyone wants a stock 11EE)

242793872_1837508703118826_6442815075802272221_n.jpg

elrabatto

Reaction score
I must have created an account on Styleforum many years back, it's been some time.

Fortunately I had the chance to pre-order the Nicks ND1 when the open slots became available again due to some cancellations. I measured my feet and went with the 11.5D.

My feet measure the following:
Length: 11.25“ (longest toe)
Ball of foot circumference (widest parts): 10.42“
Ball of foot across (widest parts): 4.15“

At first I felt quite confident as Nicks also told me to probably run with the 11.5D to be safe. Ordering from Germany so returns are not as easy. To give you some reference in some other shoes I own:
- New Balance M990v4 US 10.5 EU 44.5
- Dr Martens Chelsea US 10.5 EU 44
- Nike Air Force 1 US 10.5 EU 44.5
- Converse 70s US 10 EU 44
- Jim Green Razorback UK 10.5 which should equal to a US 11.5

So most of my shoes are smaller in the US size but quite correct in terms of actual cm measurement which is adequate to my foot length (28.3-28.5cm). If I get the chance I will see if any store near me has some Red Wing's to try on as well. Can someone of you weigh in regarding sizing? I still feel very unsure if the 11.5D might be too big as this is what the size chart suggested though I read to go down half a size from that. Just want to be sure when spending this much (especially with import customs and tax on top) that I did everything I can to be as certain as possible!

Glad I finally decided to get me some Nicks. I love a lot of the models and leathers :)

Phanes

Reaction score
The fit sheet should work here, no worries I'm in the same cm region with size 11. Some other shoes I wear are also all around that sizing spectrum. Sure shipping to difficult and pricy with customes but you can reduce the risk to a reasonable amount and nicks will help where they can.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@elrabatto - I wear size 13 in Nike and could possibly wear a 12.5 (US of course). My Roberts are size 12D and they are no doubt the correct size for me. No idea how sizes vary overseas so I doubt this is helpful.

My Brannock size is 12.5C and I'd encourage you to find a shoe retailer that has a Brannock device. Take your time and get a good measurement with it. Having an accurate Brannock size is very useful because it's a universal guide (no need to convert lasts or brands).

According to a size chart I googled, your Brannock length would be size 12. In my experience, going 1 half size from Brannock length is perfect. Size 11.5 in Nicks is probably a very good estimate without doing a fit sheet or try-on pair.

KiaVet

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Nick's without the logo on the side? I was going to order my first pair and was told this is not an option. Kind of a bummer as that is a dealbreaker for me.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I must have created an account on Styleforum many years back, it's been some time.

Fortunately I had the chance to pre-order the Nicks ND1 when the open slots became available again due to some cancellations. I measured my feet and went with the 11.5D.

My feet measure the following:
Length: 11.25“ (longest toe)
Ball of foot circumference (widest parts): 10.42“
Ball of foot across (widest parts): 4.15“

At first I felt quite confident as Nicks also told me to probably run with the 11.5D to be safe. Ordering from Germany so returns are not as easy. To give you some reference in some other shoes I own:
- New Balance M990v4 US 10.5 EU 44.5
- Dr Martens Chelsea US 10.5 EU 44
- Nike Air Force 1 US 10.5 EU 44.5
- Converse 70s US 10 EU 44
- Jim Green Razorback UK 10.5 which should equal to a US 11.5

So most of my shoes are smaller in the US size but quite correct in terms of actual cm measurement which is adequate to my foot length (28.3-28.5cm). If I get the chance I will see if any store near me has some Red Wing's to try on as well. Can someone of you weigh in regarding sizing? I still feel very unsure if the 11.5D might be too big as this is what the size chart suggested though I read to go down half a size from that. Just want to be sure when spending this much (especially with import customs and tax on top) that I did everything I can to be as certain as possible!

Glad I finally decided to get me some Nicks. I love a lot of the models and leathers :)

Hi,

Based on your brannock measurements you should be a 12 technically which would make an 11.5D generally the most widely appropriate choice in our boots. My only question for you is if you generally prefer a more snug fit in your shoes?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Nick's without the logo on the side? I was going to order my first pair and was told this is not an option. Kind of a bummer as that is a dealbreaker for me.
The work boots have the logo, the heritage boots do not and have a tag instead. Do you want the logo, or not want it?

KiaVet

Reaction score
The work boots have the logo, the heritage boots do not and have a tag instead. Do you want the logo, or not want it?
I want the falcon boot in the wickett & craig black milled harness, I do not want the logo but I want the tag if it's inside the boot itself.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I want the falcon boot in the wickett & craig black milled harness, I do not want the logo but I want the tag if it's inside the boot itself.
It will not come with the logo, the tag is inside. This is something that changed this year so apologies for the confusion.

elrabatto

Reaction score
Hi,

Based on your brannock measurements you should be a 12 technically which would make an 11.5D generally the most widely appropriate choice in our boots. My only question for you is if you generally prefer a more snug fit in your shoes?

Thinking about it, I like when my shoes/boots hug my feet without feeling uncomfortable. It's more the length that I would have problems with when too long than a slightly roomy shoe.

Would you suggest an 11D could or should work better when I like it a little more snug?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I like when my shoes/boots hug my feet without feeling uncomfortable. It's more the length that I would have problems with when too long than a slightly roomy shoe.

Would you suggest an 11D could or should work better when I like it a little more snug?
I would, given the size of your other shoes.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@elrabatto - quick question. Is the length you measured with or without your favorite boot socks? I have some size 11.5 boots that require wearing my thinnest socks. Its makes a difference.

elrabatto

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I might make the switch to an 11D instead of the 11.5D.

@hoppy_IPA I did measure with a regular, slightly thicker than standard pair of socks I will most likely wear quite often with the boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads