• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Notgoodwithnames

Reaction score
Why can't you choose if you want single or double midsole stitch rows? I understand the benefit of the double stitch but how come its not an available option anymore?

andy b.

Reaction score
Just some pics from today of the latest progression of my veg tanned Packers. Still my favorite pair of any PNW boots I own, and I still get compliments every time I wear them.

Thank you yet again, NB Shuyler!!!!!

20210801_153227.jpg

20210801_153351.jpg

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was told on the phone that it wasnt possible to add to my order but I would greatly appreciate it if you could! I just put my order in last night. Just let me know what info you need from me!
Just send me the order number and I will see what we can do

motojobobo

Reaction score
Very nice packers andy b.!!
would you mind sharing the full makeup details? Be warned that I’m tempted to copy them…been thinking about my first pair of packers for while and yours may well be the nicest I’ve seen.

andy b.

Reaction score
Very nice packers andy b.!!
would you mind sharing the full makeup details? Be warned that I’m tempted to copy them…been thinking about my first pair of packers for while and yours may well be the nicest I’ve seen.

moto,

Thanks!
8" Packer, 430 mini lug sole, double midsole, #1 pointed toe, Wickett & Craig veg tanned leather, all brass eyelets

Shuyler can tell you the exact leather color, but it was the lightest color Nicks could get from W&C. I'm not sure if Shuyler can source more hides. There are some posts from earlier this year (around February I think) where Shuyler posted pics right before he shipped these. We talked about the leather.

One key word on sizing. I have other pointed toe Packers, so I know how my personal fit runs in these. If they were something similar in a normal Hot Shot, I would have went with 9.5D. In the #1 pointed toe, I went with 10C so my big toe and pinkie toe aren't squished. I only mention this because you really need to be sure of the different fit in the pointed toe. I have no idea how the fit would change for you, only me. LOL

Also, I have other work boots with a double midsole and a 100 lug outsole. The 430 mini lug doesn't offer any cushioning, so the double midsole feels much stiffer in these than with a full lug sole.

I was aware of all this when I ordered, and these are exactly what I wanted. I don't want to see someone go for the same options and have sore feet and squished toes. LOL
Just keep it in mind.

They're very comfortable, and I wear them several days a week.

Here's another cool pic. This is from about 2 months ago. The boots aren't wet. That is how exposure to air and sunlight have darkened the leather. The lighter portion is the area normally covered by the kiltie. The boots are overall even a little darker now.

20210801_213652.jpg

motojobobo

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt and thoughtful answer andy b. Good point on the sizing adjustment for pointy toes, I’d also want the toe#1 style on my packers. We’ll see what is available as I’d also like to start off with a very light colored veg tan and watch it change through use and time.
Only change I envision is asking for hooks at the top for quicker on/off, although lookswise an eyelet-only packer is far nicer on the eyes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads