• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My wait time was 11 weeks as I stated a couple of pages back. Which is much faster than the other MTO guys lead times, besides...they are worth any wait imo.
View attachment 1642255 View attachment 1642256
We should note that we had his size established so didn’t go through the try on process, which obviously can speed things up. Although buellrider also got lucky in that his order was able to be completed with an existing order of veg tan that was already coming in. Lotta moving parts and thanks for your patience, we are always trying to get better and appreciate the feedback.

Maxm503

Reaction score
My wait time was 11 weeks as I stated a couple of pages back. Which is much faster than the other MTO guys lead times, besides...they are worth any wait imo.
View attachment 1642255 View attachment 1642256
What boots are those buell il love to see full boot. How has your break in gone? I may get a pair with the honey lug next for work when I'm just in the factory id like to see go

how they Do vs regular vibram in terms of fatigue when on concrete all day and compare how long they last and clock hours on them both

Maxm503

Reaction score
I sent a chat thanks I am so hoping to have for elk season at least if not deer season but not expecting to. Like I said just under 2 weeks into wait

Maxm503

Reaction score
In general, they are 12-14 weeks right now to get the
boot, usually 6 weeks if you have a really common size to get a try on. If you want to send me your order number via chat or DM I can check it out. We try to balance the try on inventory with ready to ship to subsidize our free exchange program. Basically we need to make some money back on the exchanges in order to be super flexible in exchanging sizing for all kinds of different MTO and stock options. We’ve taken the opposite approach where we expedite the boots if you’re willing to go with fewer options, but it’s a good idea. We are hoping to have better tools for seeing where you are in line, but there is a lot of variability with leather lead times right now so that may be difficult to commit to, but would be great to see.

Belts are different leather thicknesses and leather lead times are ridiculous right now so we are chasing belt leather often. If you ordered 1964 for example, we are still probably a few weeks out from getting that in but would be happy to honor the deal in a separate transaction.

If you want to message me the order number I’d be happy to change the shipping method to UPS.
Is all leather sourced from same place or is there 2 or 3 or??? Is it harder to source the 12-14oz vs the 7-8oz my orders are black does this generally make it easier and or faster to source. How many percent do you generally get belts to boots or is this private info just a round like 60/40 or something. Have tou ever thought of doing a boot with built in knife or pistol holster option for common hunting knifes and such as its always good to have a extra spot when packs on you a separate from pack spot can be amazing

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is all leather sourced from same place or is there 2 or 3 or??? Is it harder to source the 12-14oz vs the 7-8oz my orders are black does this generally make it easier and or faster to source. How many percent do you generally get belts to boots or is this private info just a round like 60/40 or something. Have tou ever thought of doing a boot with built in knife or pistol holster option for common hunting knifes and such as its always good to have a extra spot when packs on you a separate from pack spot can be amazing
We currently get leather from a number of different sources, all in the US. 12-14 is harder to get, in general, right now due to drought conditions in the west. Black should be fine. Belts are a fairly small portion of the business as we have only been doing them for 18 months or so. Not with a pistol, but we have dabbled with some knife scabbard ideas. Jimmy Diresta did some videos on a knife scabbard idea with our boots back in October and early this year if you want to check them out, they are nifty.

Buellrider

Reaction score
What boots are those buell il love to see full boot. How has your break in gone? I may get a pair with the honey lug next for work when I'm just in the factory id like to see go

how they Do vs regular vibram in terms of fatigue when on concrete all day and compare how long they last and clock hours on them both

If you look a couple pages back I posted some pics when I received them. They started out as a MTO Urban Drifter in the W&C milled harness and 8 inch shaft which eventually turned into the Overlander.

Break in has been fairly easy thanks to the veg tan uppers compared to my Builder Pros in the work leather. The sole requires the same break in.

I work in warehousing and the honey soles are more soft than the regular black v100 soles which is nice on the concrete. Both are very thick and should last a very long time especially on smooth concrete surfaces.

Maxm503

Reaction score
Could do a thin leather liner in the shaft sewn up to a riveted **** for small to mid size buck knife with button strap i can make a crappy labeled drawing not to scale can call it the Rambo or the deer camp even have a couple good names on it

TyrLI

Reaction score
Could do a thin leather liner in the shaft sewn up to a riveted **** for small to mid size buck knife with button strap i can make a crappy labeled drawing not to scale can call it the Rambo or the deer camp even have a couple good names on it
Wesco offers the option for a boot knife

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've always done ours on the outside of the boot but it's definitely something we'll consider making more widely available.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Year-old chocolate left, week-old 1964 right. Really love how the chocolate patina’d, and my hopes are even higher for the 64.

Night and day difference in feel, though. Absolutely zero stiffness or hotspots out of the box… wore them all day working today, and they feel like my Chocolate pair did after several weeks of full-time wear on top of the incremental break-in routine. Also, the stitching on these is top-
notch… probably the tidiest, most consistent stitches on any pair yet.

Great job, Shuyler & Co… this stuff’s a real winner. I know one of your competitors in town is known for their easy break in and plush out of the box feel, but damn, competition just got real for them.

D1B65599-A091-4E31-B910-B909FB80CC42.jpeg
7CAE2D9B-50F6-44C3-AB35-2737B98EE298.jpeg

Ansor

Reaction score
Hi!
Is it possible to get some pictures of the new Prospector boots side by side with the Falcon?
I love my moderate arch Falcon boots, and I would like to order the Prospector; it would be great if I can see those two boots (same size), from the side to see the difference between the heels and from above, to compare the toe shape (#3 vs #4).
Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads