• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler and his team are killin it. These boots far exceeded my expectation, and I havent even put them on yet! I am just taking in the sights and smells of this gorgeous pair of boots. I ordered on May 1 and received them today, so exactly 11 weeks...hats off to Nicks for under promising and over delivering.

When the color 8 CXL was made an option, I thought about switching from this milled harness burgundy veg tan. But I am glad I stayed with it. The leather has an amazing feel and texture with the pebbly grain. I can tell these are gonna be a way easier break in than my BP’s were.

The craftsmanship is impeccable. Not a missed stitch, loose thread or wavy stitching anywhere on these boots. Simply a perfect build IMO. One thing I was surprised with was that these have the celastic toe. Not sure why but I was thinking they would have the soft toe. Not that I am dissatisfied, i actually might prefer it.

Again, @Nicks Boots Shuyler was amazing to work with even with changes I made like the honey sole and flip flopping on my choice of leather. He is a patient man and took it all in stride. Here are some crappy pics I took real quick when they arrived.

View attachment 1640353 View attachment 1640354 View attachment 1640355 View attachment 1640356 View attachment 1640357 View attachment 1640358

Let me add that the fit team at Nicks does an incredible job, they are true pros. It took a fit sheet, three phone calls and three pairs of Nicks to dial in my size. On the third call, we decided to move up a width to 9E and change the upper to a 10B. And man, lemme say, these are perfect, they feel better than any other boot I have ever owned...and this is day one.

Yeah, those came out really beautifully. Every once in a while a boot comes off and I just stop and look at it and this was definitely one of those times. Great choices and thanks for the kind words.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Got my 64 Hotshots yesterday!!

Really neat stuff, but you have to feel it to fully appreciate it. The pull-up is subtle but definitely there, and it’s got a special suppleness to it that the regular 8oz work leathers just don’t. The roughout on the inside is really nice too… it’s got a bit of texture to it, but not super fibrous and shaggy like the chocolate tends to be. All around, it honestly kinda feels like Predator on steroids.

And as always, a huge thanks to @Nicks Boots Shuyler for making all the changes behind the scenes to make these puppies happen.

Hoping I can get y’all some good DSLR pics in the coming days ?

C39E9476-9F3E-4CCD-BDAF-7CA41C647FBF.jpeg

1A83FEFB-8E94-4E8B-9B70-5A26D6403E78.jpeg

zakbari

Reaction score
Any thoughts on which leather requires the least maintenance/upkeep to keep the boots looking fresh? I work in an office environment, and while the dress code is pretty flexible/casual, I would want my footwear to look appropriate for the setting without a lot of effort. My impression is rough out is a good way to go but wanted to check (if the maintenance issue were not a factor, I'd probably get color #8, for what that's worth). I know I should generally do better, but for me boot/shoe maintenance is one of those things that tends to get deferred repeatedly or forgotten. Thanks.

mikeczyz

Reaction score
You mentioned color 8 and, in my experience, CXL is actually super easy to maintain.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any thoughts on which leather requires the least maintenance/upkeep to keep the boots looking fresh? I work in an office environment, and while the dress code is pretty flexible/casual, I would want my footwear to look appropriate for the setting without a lot of effort. My impression is rough out is a good way to go but wanted to check (if the maintenance issue were not a factor, I'd probably get color #8, for what that's worth). I know I should generally do better, but for me boot/shoe maintenance is one of those things that tends to get deferred repeatedly or forgotten. Thanks.
Agree with Mike, honestly any of these leathers will be fine in an office/walking the concrete jungle, IMO. Roughout is super low maintenance but mostly because it doesn’t show abrasions/scratches as easily (and manufacturers like it because the yield is higher). Roughout is easier to stain if you drop some Mayo on it, for what it’s worth, speaking from personal experience. If you’re not working outside I would feel very comfortable with a CXL or even a veg tan if you’re so inclined.

Maxm503

Reaction score
What are recent lead times? Why can't you guys send a ready to ship boot as a try on immediately following Tryon request as I see them in my size requested
Also id love to see an option to expedite my build for a little extra. Could show what number in line you are and what number you would be if expedited for say 10% upgrade fee. And show always on order status your number in line. I know lead times are long says 6 weeks to get try on but just curious. im almost 2 weeks on the wait so still sick from what I paid (never even spent this much on a truck) and haven't seen i been wanting to order for 3 or 4 years now and excited. I also ordered a belt which I also want to address this question why is there no option on some boots to add the belt for 60 vs 69 if ordered separate id have loved to save with my 630$ builder pro mto with try on order which only the belt order shows in my nicks account

Maxm503

Reaction score
Also is there a way to change my shipping option i selected as I always forget how crappy our post office is using rural route. (I've ordered factory seconds boots from a competitor and took over a week to get them picked up) and they will make me pick up even though they are rarely open changing to fedex or ups would be fantastic

PWS83

Reaction score
Do you have any idea the logistics and web interface cost of implementing a system like that for a small business or do you just want to see what you think you should see?

Maxm503

Reaction score
Do you have any idea the logistics and web interface cost of implementing a system like that for a small business or do you just want to see what you think you should see?
I was just putting out a suggestion and asking their thought on it basically don't know I don't computer much hell I'm in rural Oregon so ask kamala I probably don't even know how to make copies lol

PWS83

Reaction score
I agree it’s a good idea in theory but it would only add to the cost of the boots and be very disruptive to their already busy process. Maybe I wrong though! A little bit of wait and mystery won’t put me off from ordering the next pair in my collection.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What are recent lead times? Why can't you guys send a ready to ship boot as a try on immediately following Tryon request as I see them in my size requested
Also id love to see an option to expedite my build for a little extra. Could show what number in line you are and what number you would be if expedited for say 10% upgrade fee. And show always on order status your number in line. I know lead times are long says 6 weeks to get try on but just curious. im almost 2 weeks on the wait so still sick from what I paid (never even spent this much on a truck) and haven't seen i been wanting to order for 3 or 4 years now and excited. I also ordered a belt which I also want to address this question why is there no option on some boots to add the belt for 60 vs 69 if ordered separate id have loved to save with my 630$ builder pro mto with try on order which only the belt order shows in my nicks account
In general, they are 12-14 weeks right now to get the
boot, usually 6 weeks if you have a really common size to get a try on. If you want to send me your order number via chat or DM I can check it out. We try to balance the try on inventory with ready to ship to subsidize our free exchange program. Basically we need to make some money back on the exchanges in order to be super flexible in exchanging sizing for all kinds of different MTO and stock options. We’ve taken the opposite approach where we expedite the boots if you’re willing to go with fewer options, but it’s a good idea. We are hoping to have better tools for seeing where you are in line, but there is a lot of variability with leather lead times right now so that may be difficult to commit to, but would be great to see.

Belts are different leather thicknesses and leather lead times are ridiculous right now so we are chasing belt leather often. If you ordered 1964 for example, we are still probably a few weeks out from getting that in but would be happy to honor the deal in a separate transaction.

If you want to message me the order number I’d be happy to change the shipping method to UPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads