• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler, IIRC Nick's used to offer a Horsehide. Ive been meaning to ask if it may be an option in the future. Ditto for Shell Cordovan.
Oh man. It does kind of seem like it's heading that way, doesn't it? I am ordering in some Italian stuff and will probably see how that goes but I imagine it will look great. Let's touch based in a month or two?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My tax return is in, so now I'm preparing to make an order. I was just wondering once again about the W&C English bridle in the burgundy. I saw some pictures on the FB group, and it looks really nice, but it's still a little on the tomato sauce (ketchup for you Americans) side. Will it darken with exposure to UV? I'd probably also be thinking about putting some Obernauf's or something on there to protect them from moisture (I live in a tropical climate, and wet season will be just around the corner by the time they get here), which I assume will also darken them. Are these Instagram pictures of this leather after some wear?

In my experience, all these leathers darken to some degree if you condition them. Medium brown is a little less red, but you sound like a good fit for the color 8 burgundy.

Reaction score
In my experience, all these leathers darken to some degree if you condition them. Medium brown is a little less red, but you sound like a good fit for the color 8 burgundy.
Thanks for the reply. The #8 is definitely very tempting. The English bridle seems a little more special (and I'm guessing is a little more scuff resistant than the CXL), but maybe I should go for the CXL. I'll be wearing these to work with mainly dark colours, so maybe the English bridle will be a little much. In fact the main reason I'm looking at another pair of expensive boots is because I've decided the Wescos I'm waiting on might be a little too much for work with the logger heel, double midsole and vibram 100.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The #8 is definitely very tempting. The English bridle seems a little more special (and I'm guessing is a little more scuff resistant than the CXL), but maybe I should go for the CXL. I'll be wearing these to work with mainly dark colours, so maybe the English bridle will be a little much. In fact the main reason I'm looking at another pair of expensive boots is because I've decided the Wescos I'm waiting on might be a little too much for work with the logger heel, double midsole and vibram 100.
[/QUOTE

hmm, we are probably a little extra compared to Wesco, just FYI

Reaction score

Oh no I didn't mean cost, I mean style-wise. They might be a little aggressive/work-like to wear as a school teacher (even considering the fairly casual dress code where I work).

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh no I didn't mean cost, I mean style-wise. They might be a little aggressive/work-like to wear as a school teacher (even considering the fairly casual dress code where I work).
I was picking up what you were putting down :)

I would just say go with a Falcon-type build with like a v-bar or western comp in a heritage leather. It’s still going to be a lot of shoe if you’re concerned about the Wescos, just want to be upfront about that. Our stuff is overbuilt.

Reaction score
I was picking up what you were putting down :)

I would just say go with a Falcon-type build with like a v-bar or western comp in a heritage leather. It’s still going to be a lot of shoe if you’re concerned about the Wescos, just want to be upfront about that. Our stuff is overbuilt.
Ah right. Yeah I was thinking Officer with mini-lug. I normally wear these with black chinos or jeans and a long sleeve button-up shirt and a leather jacket.
20201116_170853.jpg 20201116_170816.jpg
The kids know me as the goth teacher and like to ask if I sleep in a coffin and fly to school on a broomstick as it is (to which I reply "I don't seep in the coffin, I float a few feet above it") ?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah right. Yeah I was thinking Officer with mini-lug. I normally wear these with black chinos or jeans and a long sleeve button-up shirt and a leather jacket.
View attachment 1640207 View attachment 1640208
The kids know me as the goth teacher and like to ask if I sleep in a coffin and fly to school on a broomstick as it is (to which I reply "I don't seep in the coffin, I float a few feet above it") ?
Haha. Thank you for the context. I think that’s an excellent choice and look forward to making them.[/QUOTE]

Buellrider

Reaction score
Shuyler and his team are killin it. These boots far exceeded my expectation, and I havent even put them on yet! I am just taking in the sights and smells of this gorgeous pair of boots. I ordered on May 1 and received them today, so exactly 11 weeks...hats off to Nicks for under promising and over delivering.

When the color 8 CXL was made an option, I thought about switching from this milled harness burgundy veg tan. But I am glad I stayed with it. The leather has an amazing feel and texture with the pebbly grain. I can tell these are gonna be a way easier break in than my BP’s were.

The craftsmanship is impeccable. Not a missed stitch, loose thread or wavy stitching anywhere on these boots. Simply a perfect build IMO. One thing I was surprised with was that these have the celastic toe. Not sure why but I was thinking they would have the soft toe. Not that I am dissatisfied, i actually might prefer it.

Again, @Nicks Boots Shuyler was amazing to work with even with changes I made like the honey sole and flip flopping on my choice of leather. He is a patient man and took it all in stride. Here are some crappy pics I took real quick when they arrived.

610F4709-A290-4173-8727-540AD690E31E.jpeg
AE7E0FA8-AEC3-4AC1-9902-6413FC63386B.jpeg
4CCCE5F8-8DD3-47F0-9DB5-5C20A89760D5.jpeg
4193E052-68F3-4EDE-A577-F0552BC1E045.jpeg
EB61EB0E-94B1-484D-ADA8-6425C229D104.jpeg
C313008D-265F-4768-AF34-D407C08AA820.jpeg

Let me add that the fit team at Nicks does an incredible job, they are true pros. It took a fit sheet, three phone calls and three pairs of Nicks to dial in my size. On the third call, we decided to move up a width to 9E and change the upper to a 10B. And man, lemme say, these are perfect, they feel better than any other boot I have ever owned...and this is day one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads