• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
I'm hopeless. Straight-up beyond help. And I don't care ?

Between @hoppy_IPA 's Robert pics and the Eric Marsh donation campaign, I rationalized pulling the trigger on the Oiled Latigo while it's around. Went with 8" tall, 55 last, standard top/pull loop, brown edge, and V-bar.

I always loved the aesthetic of the 55 last Ranger in brown – I feel like next to a black Hotshot/BP it's probably Nicks most iconic boot – so I decided to pay homage to that classic profile, just with a swanky leather upgrade. Only real deviation from the Ranger spec was the V-bar, which I don't have yet so I decided to add some variety to the growing brood. Also excited cause it'll be my first pair with a plain, classic #3 toe.

@Nicks Boots Shuyler – would I be able to get a logger heel and kilties on that, please? ?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Between @hoppy_IPA 's Robert pics and the Eric Marsh donation campaign, I rationalized pulling the trigger on the Oiled Latigo while it's around. Went with 8" tall, 55 last, standard top/pull loop, brown edge, and V-bar.

I always loved the aesthetic of the 55 last Ranger in brown – I feel like next to a black Hotshot/BP it's probably Nicks most iconic boot – so I decided to pay homage to that classic profile, just with a swanky leather upgrade. Only real deviation from the Ranger spec was the V-bar, which I don't have yet so I decided to add some variety to the growing brood. Also excited cause it'll be my first pair with a plain, classic #3 toe.

@Nicks Boots Shuyler – would I be able to get a logger heel and kilties on that, please? ?
Of course, do you mind sending me the order number? Glad to see you go with the 8", it is the most aesthetically pleasing height for the heritage boots, in my opinion. For those weirdos who like to look at their boots when they're not on their feet, of course. I have an 8" Urban Logger in British Tan I used as a table centerpiece for a while.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Of course, do you mind sending me the order number? Glad to see you go with the 8", it is the most aesthetically pleasing height for the heritage boots, in my opinion. For those weirdos who like to look at their boots when they're not on their feet, of course. I have an 8" Urban Logger in British Tan I used as a table centerpiece for a while.

Oh yeah... I'm a convert to 8" casual now, 100%. Love that my pant legs don't get caught on the backstay, plus it just evokes that work boot heritage without being ostentatious about it.

TyrLI

Reaction score

Hi Killian! ??

mikeczyz

Reaction score
y'all are making me think that I need to change my falcon to 8 inches!

TyrLI

Reaction score
We're going to drive Shuyler nuts! But the Nick's team seems to take it in stride that their customers are picky and the long wait time turns people into obsessive pains **********. I understand the eye rolling, and I also appreciate the patience. I'm sure it gets old.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It’s all good, I always figure releasing new leathers or highlighting different configs will lead to some changes. Part of the business and I’m glad you guys care so much about what you put on your feet ?
We're going to drive Shuyler nuts! But the Nick's team seems to take it in stride that their customers are picky and the long wait time turns people into obsessive pains **********. I understand the eye rolling, and I also appreciate the patience. I'm sure it gets old.

bucky0486

Reaction score
I think you need to pinky swear to post pictures when they arrive. The pictures I've seen of that leather all look super.

Ok, I pinky swear, but I can't make any promises on picture quality! I just put in my order for a 6" Urban Drifter with the Honey Vibram sole in the 1964 brown leather.

montanamike

Reaction score
Ok, I pinky swear, but I can't make any promises on picture quality! I just put in my order for a 6" Urban Drifter with the Honey Vibram sole in the 1964 brown leather.
I'm not a great photographer but that build will make the job pretty easy.

bucky0486

Reaction score
I'm going back and reading through this forum thread, and I'm having second thoughts about sizing. I used the DIY fit guide on the Nicks website, which basically says order a half size smaller than your Brannock size. My Brannock size is 9D, so I ordered an 8.5D. Did I do that correctly?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
My Brannock size is 9D, so I ordered an 8.5D. Did I do that correctly?

High probability you got the length correct. Im a 12.5C Brannock and I wear a 12D in the 55 last (all PNW makers). Im guessing you are darn close to a solid fit.

TyrLI

Reaction score
So, I'm glad I asked to switch to 8". I'm wearing IR's today and the top of the backstay keeps catching on my pants leg.

I'm also grateful that I stumbled on Nick's because that all leather midsole is so much more comfortable than what is probably now just cork dust in this sole. Can't wait for my '64 rangers to come in in a week or so. These IR's will go on the bay, even though ive had them for years and they look gorgeous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads