• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Love the new leather video! That #8 CXL is straight up jaw-dropping.

One thing that caught my eye was, it seemed like the 8oz tan was a lot more neutral/natural looking on the smooth side... I remember it having a sickly mustard tinge that Grant so aptly likened to baby poop in one of the old videos. Was that just a camera/lighting thing, or did y'all tweak the tanning recipe?
We did tweak it, actually, thanks for noticing. Feel like it's much better now.

FoxLocke

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m new to the forum and to the PNW boot culture. Like most, it all started with Red Wings and I just recently got my first pair of Nicks (6” Urban Loggers in Predator Orange). I absolutely love these boots and I’m already itching for a second pair!

thanks,

Fox
82D13353-30BE-4618-B9FA-DA899F8F9BFC.jpeg

montanamike

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m new to the forum and to the PNW boot culture. Like most, it all started with Red Wings and I just recently got my first pair of Nicks (6” Urban Loggers in Predator Orange). I absolutely love these boots and I’m already itching for a second pair!

thanks,

Fox View attachment 1625642
I am going to be the only one without predator orange... welcome and stellar choice.

Felix6786

Reaction score
Hey guys,

thanks,

Fox View attachment 1625642
I will order same size as my Rangers..how do you compare the fit? Of course if it was made to order that’s another story!! Enjoy in good health!!

FoxLocke

Reaction score
I will order same size as my Rangers..how do you compare the fit? Of course if it was made to order that’s another story!! Enjoy in good health!!
So these are the same size as my Rangers, but my Rangers are far too wide. I’ve added an insole and a false tongue (from Nicks of course) and their still a little wide to my liking. I have a size 9D in both ULs and Rangers. Although, I did order these via the fit sheet/ try-on boot process. The ULs fit perfectly.

Attachments

• E354DB65-3AB4-49AB-ACA5-72511ED9854C.jpeg
    E354DB65-3AB4-49AB-ACA5-72511ED9854C.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 91520A19-2EBE-41E5-B15D-6352548C9B12.jpeg
    91520A19-2EBE-41E5-B15D-6352548C9B12.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 166

Felix6786

Reaction score
So these are the same size as my Rangers, but my Rangers are far too wide. I’ve added an insole and a false tongue (from Nicks of course) and their still a little wide to my liking. I have a size 9D in both ULs and Rangers. Although, I did order these via the fit sheet/ try-on boot process. The ULs fit perfectly.
Thanks man!!! Obviously they are far more gorgeous!!!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler - Do you suppose your ASTM rated safety toe boots will ever be available with the 430 or any other soles besides the 100?
It’s certainly possible. It’s (low) 5 figures to get certified for different variants so it’s not nothing. I would probably say my priorities are to get existing ASTM boots rated for more things, like electric, but certainly open to feedback.

TyrLI

Reaction score
It’s certainly possible. It’s (low) 5 figures to get certified for different variants so it’s not nothing. I would probably say my priorities are to get existing ASTM boots rated for more things, like electric, but certainly open to feedback.
In a similar vein, when I eventually get my rated BP resoled in honey vibram, does that void the rating?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score

ouch. that’s not cheap.
i have to wear ASTM certified for work & I also have to go into houses. The 100 sole holds too much mud for winter use but I do love it in the summer - can’t be beat for kicking a shovel.
my job pays for a new pair every other year so if you have the 430 in January I’m all in. Probably will be either way but it would awesome to wear them in the crummy weather too.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads