• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm really interested in a pair of packers with the 1964 leather. Thanks for letting us know about this opportunity.

I wear 11-1/2E in the GSA contract 25V-2 boots, and also in White's 690 last packer boots. Can I expect your 5332 last to fit the same?

Can you do a double midsole on these, with the Vibram 430 outsole? I don't see this listed as an option on the MTO, but greatly prefer the double midsole. If so, is there a specific code to use for the discount on the MTO?

Thank you!
Regan
Hi Regan,

I would expect the sizing to be the same.

We do have the 1964 as an option on the normal packer MTO and I could refund you the 10% less the $20 charge for the double midsole, if that works. Otherwise I could get the packer 1964 up early next week (we don't have images yet which is why it's not up) and the discount code would work. The double midsole and 430 is no problem, just send me your order number when you place the order and I can make the change.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Hi Regan,

I would expect the sizing to be the same.

We do have the 1964 as an option on the normal packer MTO and I could refund you the 10% less the $20 charge for the double midsole, if that works. Otherwise I could get the packer 1964 up early next week (we don't have images yet which is why it's not up) and the discount code would work. The double midsole and 430 is no problem, just send me your order number when you place the order and I can make the change.

Thank you, Shuyler, I certainly appreciate the response.

I’m fine with the refund, since you’ll have to tweak the order to get the double midsole anyway. Do I email you the order notes directly somehow, or just reply to the order acknowledgment with the notes?

I hope to get the order sent in tomorrow. Thank you again!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you, Shuyler, I certainly appreciate the response.

I’m fine with the refund, since you’ll have to tweak the order to get the double midsole anyway. Do I email you the order notes directly somehow, or just reply to the order acknowledgment with the notes?

I hope to get the order sent in tomorrow. Thank you again!
I will send you a message with more details!

dloiurio

Reaction score
Hey guys, we are offering 10% for a limited time on the new 1964 brown boots to celebrate the launch. If anyone is interested, or you know anyone who might be, the coupon code is 1964 and applies to these boots:

You might be able to talk me into a discount on an MTO made with that leather, too :)
When does the 10% offer expire?

Buellrider

Reaction score
Hey y’all, registered to SF just to follow this thread. Some great looking boot builds on here! It’s amazing to see the support and customer interaction from Shuyler on this thread. Kudos to you sir.

I just placed my order for some Urban Drifters today in the W&C burgundy veg tan....are they ready yet? Joking of course, I am aware of the lead time and down for the wait. I have plenty of other boots to wear, for now. These will be my first Nicks boot and am beyond excited.

I was hoping there would be some pictures of the burgundy leather for reference since the web site doesn’t show much but I guess the burgundy hasn’t been as popular as I would have thought they would have been. Looking forward to seeing them hit the forum.

montanamike

Reaction score
Hey y’all, registered to SF just to follow this thread. Some great looking boot builds on here! It’s amazing to see the support and customer interaction from Shuyler on this thread. Kudos to you sir.

I just placed my order for some Urban Drifters today in the W&C burgundy veg tan....are they ready yet? Joking of course, I am aware of the lead time and down for the wait. I have plenty of other boots to wear, for now. These will be my first Nicks boot and am beyond excited.

I was hoping there would be some pictures of the burgundy leather for reference since the web site doesn’t show much but I guess the burgundy hasn’t been as popular as I would have thought they would have been. Looking forward to seeing them hit the forum.
I look forward to seeing pictures when they are complete. Pure speculation but I am guessing the lack of pictures reflects more on how recently it was introduced rather than popularity.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great to have you as a customer! Mike’s right, we definitely have orders for Burgundy, they just haven’t made it to production yet. Hoping to get some made over next few weeks.

mikeczyz

Reaction score
That brown essex MTO is intriguing. I know it's a tough question to answer, but what's the leather like? I have boots in CXL and Dublin, but am unsure what to expect with Essex.

Also, what boot shape/style is the MTO going to use?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That brown essex MTO is intriguing. I know it's a tough question to answer, but what's the leather like? I have boots in CXL and Dublin, but am unsure what to expect with Essex.

Thanks!
So, I’m not super familiar with Dublin personally but it is the base version of that leather that is unwaxed. It’s definitely “fancier” feeling than CXL which makes sense as it is treated the same way they do shell. It’s really rich, if that makes sense.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks!
Sorry, and you can make pretty much any casual boot silhouette out of it in the options short of a packer. If that’s something you’re considering that can be arranged.

mikeczyz

Reaction score
So, I’m not super familiar with Dublin personally but it is the base version of that leather that is unwaxed. It’s definitely “fancier” feeling than CXL which makes sense as it is treated the same way they do shell. It’s really rich, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply!

Dumb question, but the lack of wax affect water resistance or make it any less weather proof?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads