• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cromber88

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Been reading around the forum for a few months! My Nick's Builder Pros arrived late last week! Thanks to @Nicks Boots Shuyler for the help, I had a few questions with the fit sheet and he took the time to answer them via DM. I feel bad wearing such a good looking boot to work!

Attachments

• 20210306_152232.jpg
    20210306_152232.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 20210306_152221.jpg
    20210306_152221.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 20210304_173555.jpg
    20210304_173555.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 404

montanamike

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Been reading around the forum for a few months! My Nick's Builder Pros arrived late last week! Thanks to @Nicks Boots Shuyler for the help, I had a few questions with the fit sheet and he took the time to answer them via DM. I feel bad wearing such a good looking boot to work!
Nice pictures! They look great. Some day, I need to join the honey vibram crew.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I've always loved that color combo with the honey vibrams, really glad you like them!

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
These 1 year old Hotshots rocking some serious wear today legit got me itching to spec that pair of BuilderPros in veg tan, just to see how it looks with a no-holds-barred work patina.

Love the color of the burgundy, but I feel like the tan would age more dramatically.
BE2C4485-111D-4D98-B97E-B8F5D0C95653.jpeg

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Couple random questions:
You guys keep trees in these? I feel like they shouldn't need them (and might be unreasonable with the arch?)
The false tongues seem slightly wider for these B widths. Any reason I shouldn't trim them on the sides a bit?

Phanes

Reaction score
You guys keep trees in these? I feel like they shouldn't need them (and might be unreasonable with the arch?)
Yes. So entrees are mobile and flexible enough to fit the arch, and one advantage of trees stays, the cedar wood is google at absorbing moisture after a long day. Downside for people who like fastened aging named patina: less wrinkles and creasing in the nose area.

Cromber88

Reaction score
Nice boots is that Walnut? Good to see another high arch builder pro here, they are slightly underrepresented, but the work boot lineup is capable of good looking boots as well.

Yeah that's the walnut! I was debating between that color and black with the honey vibram sole. I'm very happy how they turned out, they're gonna take a good beating on the railway!

In terms of the break in period, I wore them several hours yesterday and I've had no issues, pain or hot spots!

Phanes

Reaction score
Yeah that's the walnut!
Yep, that looks great with honey vibram ages beautifully as seen in the Karl Wurkawski 2-yeqt review. I was conflicted to pick honey as well but it just didn't feel right with chocolate, so I picked the normal v100. Break in is a walk in a park. No issues at all in the past 2 months and the v100 is just perfect.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Hey @Nicks Boots Shuyler - I was about to place an order for Officer Boots with burgundy milled W&C leather but wanted a couple of customizations (toe #2 and Vibram 700 soles) and hence dropped a message via your website. I got a different response that on this thread - mentioning that toe #2 is only possible on Packer boots.

I am fine with the sole being Vibram 430 but can you let me know if it is not possible to get toe #2 on Officer boots?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Nicks Boots Shuyler - I was about to place an order for Officer Boots with burgundy milled W&C leather but wanted a couple of customizations (toe #2 and Vibram 700 soles) and hence dropped a message via your website. I got a different response that on this thread - mentioning that toe #2 is only possible on Packer boots.

I am fine with the sole being Vibram 430 but can you let me know if it is not possible to get toe #2 on Officer boots?
Hi, what size are you? Feel free to DM me if you'd prefer.

mikeczyz

Reaction score
hello @Nicks Boots Shuyler! I am getting set to place my first order and wanted to double check: from a few other posts, it seems like the w&c veg tan leather is a little more high maintenance than cxl. and, in addition, cxl is gonna have more natural water resistance than w&c. is this accurate? thanks!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
hello @Nicks Boots Shuyler! I am getting set to place my first order and wanted to double check: from a few other posts, it seems like the w&c veg tan leather is a little more high maintenance than cxl. and, in addition, cxl is gonna have more natural water resistance than w&c. is this accurate? thanks!
Yes, short answer is I think that's fair to say. They are both excellent leathers but processed differently. IMO, CXL is kind of like the high-tech leather with more modern industrial approaches to producing it while the veg tan is a little old school and will develop a look that's maybe more unique given the nature of the CXL technique and it's focus on consistency and uniformity.

Hope that helps and thanks for thinking of us.

mikeczyz

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler Thanks for the quick reply! CXL seems like the better, more practical choice for me, but that milled W&C leather looks pretty sweet. Tough choice!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler Thanks for the quick reply! CXL seems like the better, more practical choice for me, but that milled W&C leather looks pretty sweet. Tough choice!
CXL is an excellent choice. I think W&C can hold up just as well but you will want to treat it more often. This is like once a month, for most people, to be clear, so it's not crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads