• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would one of the roughout work leathers be too thick/stiff for the Manito? None of the heritage leathers are quite what I'm after but I'm unsure if a leather that heavy would be good for a shoe.
No, people order work leathers in the Manito and other heritage boots frequently. The most popular is Walnut.

montanamike

Reaction score
Would one of the roughout work leathers be too thick/stiff for the Manito? None of the heritage leathers are quite what I'm after but I'm unsure if a leather that heavy would be good for a shoe.
I put about 7 miles on my "shoots" today. 5" Charley in work leather. No issue at all. Not quite a Manito but not quite a boot. To me, it's a bit easier on day one than waxed flesh as one example. Your experience may vary but that is mine.

Sam5p

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler, can you please identify this makeup for me? It is from the 05-Oct blog entry on Stitchdown vs. Goodyear welts:

1606090814272.png

FutureComesToday

Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler, I just placed an order through Northern Republic for some Urban Loggers in Predator Orange.

1- I'm tempted to request handwelting, is there an upcharge?
2- Do the UL's have the option to come soft toe?

Signed, returning customer who has 2 pairs of McKay stitched and wants to see the difference

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Nicks Boots Shuyler, I just placed an order through Northern Republic for some Urban Loggers in Predator Orange.

1- I'm tempted to request handwelting, is there an upcharge?
2- Do the UL's have the option to come soft toe?

Signed, returning customer who has 2 pairs of McKay stitched and wants to see the difference

Hi, just sent you a DM. Thank you for being a customer!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

js0930

Reaction score
@Nicks Boots Shuyler I'm finishing up my Traveller order. Is the HNW last the same width as a 55 last? Or would you change sizing from 55 at all?

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Ordered some MTO Urban Loggers during the Labor Day sale. Super psyched, but ended up switching to the try-on process since I was skeptical on the suggestion from the fit sheet (y'all were right, by the way). @Nicks Boots Shuyler , any chance I'm going to see them this year? After the back and forth on sizing, I didn't get the try-ons shipped back until 11/12. The order status says yet to begin production.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered some MTO Urban Loggers during the Labor Day sale. Super psyched, but ended up switching to the try-on process since I was skeptical on the suggestion from the fit sheet (y'all were right, by the way). @Nicks Boots Shuyler , any chance I'm going to see them this year? After the back and forth on sizing, I didn't get the try-ons shipped back until 11/12. The order status says yet to begin production.
Hi,

It will be close; I would say late December or early January is most likely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads