• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler,
Do you have any photos of a black officer boot with black edge dressing and cap toe? Also, do you or can you offer it with a Vibram 100 lug sole? Thanks . PS. And which black leather option would take the most shine on the cap toe? Would need a black leather that would be black underneath when scuffed, not brown. Would be for my position with the police department.
Hi Mark, unfortunately I don’t have any pics in that specific configuration, that’s a one of a kind! With the lug would basically be the Urban Drifter if you wanted to take a look at that, assuming you want the block heel and HNW last. If you want the logger heel on the 55 that would be the Urban Logger. Our black work leather is struck through so would be black when scuffed. It can be shined up but is frankly not as glossy as the dress leathers but none of those are struck through. Hope that’s helpful!

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hi Mark, unfortunately I don’t have any pics in that specific configuration, that’s a one of a kind! With the lug would basically be the Urban Drifter if you wanted to take a look at that, assuming you want the block heel and HNW last. If you want the logger heel on the 55 that would be the Urban Logger. Our black work leather is struck through so would be black when scuffed. It can be shined up but is frankly not as glossy as the dress leathers but none of those are struck through. Hope that’s helpful!
It is helpful. Thank you .

miggyramone

Reaction score
What's coming down the line casual leather wise? Any chance you guys are bring back any domain leathers? Thanks!

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Shuyler,

You're the best experience I have had with Nick's. But unfortunately maybe your co-workers could use a bit of tact working with customers. I cancelled my order today and requested a refund. I had a MTO Robert that you helped me with and yes, I did call and make probably 3 changes / updates as I learned more about my needs and aesthetic preferences. My fault. I take full responsibility for this. I had never ordered custom boots or anything this expensive before. If I thought I could order something that fit my needs even better, I contacted Nicks to make the change.

They told me the change I was going to make today ( changing hooks and eyes from brass to antique bronze) (which included paying Nicks more money) would be the last they would grant for me on this order. This is in writing, not phone conversations.. (The boot is no where close to production date so I didn't think making a change would be a big deal) From the explanation I received, apparently it is. Like re-writing the order ticket I was told.

Nicks no longer needs to be concerned.

Again, I'm new at purchasing true quality custom boots.... But I was starting with Nicks....

Last edited:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler,

You're the best experience I have had with Nick's. But unfortunately maybe your co-workers could use a bit of tact working with customers. I cancelled my order today and requested a refund. I had a MTO Robert that you helped me with and yes, I did call and make probably 3 changes / updates as I learned more about my needs and aesthetic preferences. My fault. I take full responsibility for this. I had never ordered custom boots or anything this expensive before. If I thought I could order something that fit my needs even better, I contacted Nicks to make the change.

They told me the change I was going to make today ( changing hooks and eyes from brass to antique bronze) (which included paying Nicks more money) would be the last they would grant for me on this order. This is in writing, not phone conversations.. (The boot is no where close to production date so I didn't think making a change would be a big deal) From the explanation I received, apparently it is. Like re-writing the order ticket I was told.

Nicks no longer needs to be concerned.

Again, I'm new at purchasing true quality custom boots.... But I was starting with Nicks....
Hey Mark,

I’m sorry to hear that. We do have hard copies of orders that are in our production planning board so they do have to find the order and re-print the bill of materials. There is also a fear that as we make more changes at different times it can increase the chance of an error. I know we could have more advanced systems but that is the thought process behind trying to limit changes and why we get a little squirrelly about lots of changes to an order after it’s submitted.

If I can answer any questions on a future order or anything boot-related going forward, please let me know.

Shuyler

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hey Mark,

I’m sorry to hear that. We do have hard copies of orders that are in our production planning board so they do have to find the order and re-print the bill of materials. There is also a fear that as we make more changes at different times it can increase the chance of an error. I know we could have more advanced systems but that is the thought process behind trying to limit changes and why we get a little squirrelly about lots of changes to an order after it’s submitted.

If I can answer any questions on a future order or anything boot-related going forward, please let me know.

Shuyler

Mellingsworth

Reaction score

Sorry my order was inconvenient. Can you be sure they process my refund immediately please?. I’ve asked for confirmation that Nicks has refunded me but they have not done so.

Zilla

Reaction score
I've been logging on this site for the past 6 months while shopping for my first pair of MTO boots. I finally decided on a pair of Nicks. I placed an order for the Urban Loggers on the HNW Last in May 2020. I emailed Nicks that I was still not completely sure if I wanted the Urban Loggers or Builder Pros. Keith told me that they typically send a pair of Builder Pros as try-on Boots. I was hoping actually trying them on would help me decide. I received my try-on boots in August and decided to change my order to the Builder Pros. I told Keith during the try-on phone call conversation to change my order. A few days later I emailed Keith to ask to change the order again to include the #4 Toe box. He said no problem. Well, when my boots arrived in September they were built on the 67 Last. I was sick to my stomach. I emailed Keith I said that something went wrong with my order. After some back and forth we realized that when I requested the #4 Toe that it was only available on the 67 Last, which I did not know. Nicks was great. They said send the boots back and we'll build you a new pair on the HNW Last. My boots are set to be delivered November 11th. I've never posted on this site but felt compelled to after reading the above post to add some perspective to why Nicks limits the time period for changes to be made. My personal experience with them has been great. Hope this helps explain their thought process with some real world experience. Sorry for the long post!

andy b.

Reaction score
Nothing planned for a bit beyond natural in the veg tan, but open to ideas. Basically next leather would replace British tan
How thick is this Veg Tan going to be? How would it compare in color and thickness to the Tan Teton from a few years ago?

andy b.

Reaction score
It will likely be 6-7 Oz versus a 7-8 on the tan Teton
8-9oz. You know you want to! LOL
The tan Teton was like wearing tractor tires on my feet for about two weeks, but they are now one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I own.
If you can get some at least 8oz, I'm in for a pair.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
8-9oz. You know you want to! LOL
The tan Teton was like wearing tractor tires on my feet for about two weeks, but they are now one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I own.
If you can get some at least 8oz, I'm in for a pair.
It was 5-6 Oz for years but we recently went up a bit. Not sure the masses are ready, lol, but will keep that in mind!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics