• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler and members.
What are the most handsome two tone color combinations you’ve seen in Nicks made to order dress casual boots ? Can I see pics? Please share! Thanks in advance.
Hey Mark, sorry for the slim pickings. We don't really do mixed leathers on heritage boots, really just on the work boots. We can and have done it but kind of discourage it because people's eyes tend to be more adventurous than their feet, if that makes sense. But always open to suggestions.

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hey Mark, sorry for the slim pickings. We don't really do mixed leathers on heritage boots, really just on the work boots. We can and have done it but kind of discourage it because people's eyes tend to be more adventurous than their feet, if that makes sense. But always open to suggestions.
I’ve seen a few handsome ones on the internet. Tan Teton/ Chocolate. Also olive/English Tan. Both looked great. Figured there were more out there. Your advertising / shared photos have shown other customs ones.

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few handsome ones on the internet. Tan Teton/ Chocolate. Also olive/English Tan. Both looked great. Figured there were more out there. Your advertising / shared photos have shown other customs ones.
This one here is somewhat similar to the one I have on order. Is this a Falcon?
A26EFEF6-E8C8-4B84-B75D-1834B6B188B0.png

montanamike

Reaction score
Here is a new build which I've put ten miles or so on. It is a 5" Charley with the leather being chocolate (from the work lines). It was a bit "off menu" but exactly what I had in mind. They need a month or so to settle in but am glad to find them a spot next to my other Nicks. Thanks to Shuyler and staff for this build.
nicks1.jpg
nicks2.jpg
nicks3.jpg

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a new build which I've put ten miles or so on. It is a 5" Charley with the leather being chocolate (from the work lines). It was a bit "off menu" but exactly what I had in mind. They need a month or so to settle in but am glad to find them a spot next to my other Nicks. Thanks to Shuyler and staff for this build. View attachment 1489185 View attachment 1489187 View attachment 1489188
Those look great and glad you like them. To any others who see this, notice the tags on the inside of the boot. These replace the stamp that used to go on the outside of the heritage boots.

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Those look great and glad you like them. To any others who see this, notice the tags on the inside of the boot. These replace the stamp that used to go on the outside of the heritage boots.
Excellent, I prefer the name tag on the inside of the boot. I was going to ask if I needed to call and request that on my pending order. Now I know it’ll be the tag. Thanks.

Phanes

Reaction score
Chocolate is an underrated leather, great choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads