• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

ChiefPotato1

Reaction score
Hello Nicks! Would you be able to give an ETA on Order #000013451?

Just curious

thanks!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Nicks! Would you be able to give an ETA on Order #000013451?

Just curious

thanks!
I think we are pretty close to being able to put those in in terms of the leather getting here, I'm going to have Nathan, one of our chief fitters/leather experts give you a call just to verify before we put them in given limited supply of the leather, just want to make sure we get it right.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Since you guys are out of the Veg Tan leather, are other orders being fulfilled in it's place? I'm waiting on two orders for Manitos. One in British tan and the other in Black CXL.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I get some sizing advice?

I wear a 10.5E in White's 55 last, 11E in Alden Barrie and Trubalance. What size Nick's would you guys recommend?
I'm located in Europe so fitting isn't an option (neither is returning with shipping and import costs..)
You are welcome to go with a fit kit submission, but the Robert is a 55 last and should be very similar to White’s. I would recommend our stock program which enables exchanges.

js0930

Reaction score
Is Nicks HNW last pretty much the same as Whites NW last? Seems like it should be but I’d hate to be wrong.

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hello Shuyler (Nick's)

Thanks in advance for your help !! I received the try on boots. 9.5e. Thank you. As mentioned previously, I was fit for boots at Nick's in person on 09/22 by Lucas but you didn't have enough boot sizes available in stock for me to try to definitively nail down my size. We chose 9.5e that day. You sent some 9.5e boots to get confirmation on sizing.

There was a sheet in the box, a checklist. And it refers to a "Fit by Phone Instructions" email that had a questionnaire. I received no email with a Fit by Phone questionnaire for me to fill out before calling Nicks. Can you have Nick's send me that email please? I think we are pretty close on sizing but I'd like to answer the questions and speak to Nicks just to be sure we covered everything.

Order number POS000016015 . Also, is the brown waxed flesh back in stock? Would you be able to provide a rough estimate on completion of the boots? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Shuyler (Nick's)

Thanks in advance for your help !! I received the try on boots. 9.5e. Thank you. As mentioned previously, I was fit for boots at Nick's in person on 09/22 by Lucas but you didn't have enough boot sizes available in stock for me to try to definitively nail down my size. We chose 9.5e that day. You sent some 9.5e boots to get confirmation on sizing.

There was a sheet in the box, a checklist. And it refers to a "Fit by Phone Instructions" email that had a questionnaire. I received no email with a Fit by Phone questionnaire for me to fill out before calling Nicks. Can you have Nick's send me that email please? I think we are pretty close on sizing but I'd like to answer the questions and speak to Nicks just to be sure we covered everything.

Order number POS000016015 . Also, is the brown waxed flesh back in stock? Would you be able to provide a rough estimate on completion of the boots? Thanks!
Hi,

We usually just do the fit by phone for online orders (and before the try-on so I guessed we skipped that step, ha). I will email you the fit kit unless you want to wait for it to come in the mail. The questionnaire is actually on our site:

If you want to do the fit kit to further refine the fit, that would be necessary to fill out the questionnaire. Alternatively or additionally, I can have one of our fitters call you tomorrow when you're available to go over the fit on the try-on and I would expect that would be enough to get you where you want to be, but we can also do the measurements to be sure. Now that I think about it, we probably should have done the measurements while you were here and apologize that didn't happen.

Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Shuyler

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hi,

We usually just do the fit by phone for online orders (and before the try-on so I guessed we skipped that step, ha). I will email you the fit kit unless you want to wait for it to come in the mail. The questionnaire is actually on our site:

If you want to do the fit kit to further refine the fit, that would be necessary to fill out the questionnaire. Alternatively or additionally, I can have one of our fitters call you tomorrow when you're available to go over the fit on the try-on and I would expect that would be enough to get you where you want to be, but we can also do the measurements to be sure. Now that I think about it, we probably should have done the measurements while you were here and apologize that didn't happen.

Shuyler

Shuyler,
Thanks for the reply.
Hi,

Shuyler

Shuyler,
Sent you an email. Can you take a look at it?
Thanks,
Mark

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads