• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hello. This is a comment for Nicks. I was there to get fitted on Sept 22. Lucas helped me and I was there for mto Roberts. In our attempts to find the right size you all had very few boots I could try on to get the right size dialed in. I did place an order but very nervous about fit. I’m a 10d in Iron Rangers. You all only had a 10e, 9ee and a 9.5d to try. That was it. The order for a 9.5e comes down to a guess at best. (I previously had an order in May with a fit sheet submitted but I cancelled that order and made the trip from Missouri for a fitting.). It’s going to be very disappointing if these boots don’t fit correctly because I couldn't try on the right size in person at Nicks.
Is there any chance you all could send a 9.5e to try on to verify fit on my order? Kind regards and respectfully submitted, Mark Ellingsworth / Order number POS000016015

Last edited:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello. This is a comment for Nicks. I was there to get fitted on Sept 22. Lucas helped me and I was there for mto Roberts. In our attempts to find the right size you all had very few boots I could try on to get the right size dialed in. I did place an order but very nervous about fit. I’m a 10d in Iron Rangers. You all only had a 10e, 9ee and a 9.5d to try. That was it. The order for a 9.5e comes down to a guess at best. (I previously had an order in May with a fit sheet submitted but I cancelled that order and made the trip from Missouri for a fitting.). It’s going to be very disappointing if these boots don’t fit correctly because I couldn't try on the right size in person at Nicks.
Is there any chance you all could send a 9.5e to try on to verify fit on my order? Kind regards and respectfully submitted, Mark Ellingsworth / Order number POS000016015
Hi Mark,

Thanks for coming by the store. I do have a 9.5E in a BuilderPro I could send you to test out. It is the same last and construction method, albeit taller. Would that work for you? It is very common for us to use a different boot in the same size provided the lasts match to verify fit, so this would not be unusual.

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Thanks for coming by the store. I do have a 9.5E in a BuilderPro I could send you to test out. It is the same last and construction method, albeit taller. Would that work for you? It is very common for us to use a different boot in the same size provided the lasts match to verify fit, so this would not be unusual.

That would be excellent, thank you!!! Yes, one or two of the pairs I tried on that day weren't Roberts but same lasts.

I do appreciate you and Nick's , thank you. Send them!!!! Hoping to purchase a second pair in the future if we get my size nailed down on the Robert. Going to feel much better about my order after trying on the 9.5e. Thank you!!

Kind regards,
Mark

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That would be excellent, thank you!!! Yes, one or two of the pairs I tried on that day weren't Roberts but same lasts.

I do appreciate you and Nick's , thank you. Send them!!!! Hoping to purchase a second pair in the future if we get my size nailed down on the Robert. Going to feel much better about my order after trying on the 9.5e. Thank you!!

Kind regards,
Mark
Ok great, those should be going out today.

js0930

Reaction score
Hi, quick question for Shuyler: for the blacked out traveller, will that boot scuff to brown or is it died black all the way through?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, quick question for Shuyler: for the blacked out traveller, will that boot scuff to brown or is it died black all the way through?
Good question. It’s not struck through, it’s Horween black CXL, so it would scuff to brown. If you do want black that’s struck through that would basically be the black wedge worker which is our struck-through black Seidel leather. Obviously we can make it either way depending on your preference.

js0930

Reaction score
Good question. It’s not struck through, it’s Horween black CXL, so it would scuff to brown. If you do want black that’s struck through that would basically be the black wedge worker which is our struck-through black Seidel leather. Obviously we can make it either way depending on your preference.

No, I like that it scuffs to brown. Just debating whether to buy that boot or do a custom 6” Traveller in Walnut Roughout.

andrew2011

Reaction score
I tried to order a pair of American boots yesterday in W&C Veg Tan, and when I got to checkout, it came back with an error... did it run out of stock and if so, will you be getting another shipment of the veg tan in soon? Thanks

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried to order a pair of American boots yesterday in W&C Veg Tan, and when I got to checkout, it came back with an error... did it run out of stock and if so, will you be getting another shipment of the veg tan in soon? Thanks
We did run out of stock but will be having a few more sides coming in. We are still waiting to confirm lead times so will update when we have that sorted out tomorrow.

benzebub

Reaction score
Can I get some sizing advice?

I wear a 10.5E in White's 55 last, 11E in Alden Barrie and Trubalance. What size Nick's would you guys recommend?
I'm located in Europe so fitting isn't an option (neither is returning with shipping and import costs..)

Phanes

Reaction score

I wear a 10.5E in White's 55 last, 11E in Alden Barrie and Trubalance. What size Nick's would you guys recommend?
I'm located in Europe so fitting isn't an option (neither is returning with shipping and import costs..)
For outside the us customers you can still try the fit sheet/try on option. You skip the part of the try on boot delivery for obvious reasons but you get the fit sheet. As someone who did that and got very positive results, I recommend that way. Assumptions from one brand to another may be difficult. Sometimes a brand is not even consequential in its own sizing, like some sneaker brands.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What boot are you ordering?

Mellingsworth

Reaction score
Nicks, can you tell me what size in a 55 last boot would be the same as a 10d in Red Wing Iron Ranger and Thursday Captain boots. Both those boots fit me perfectly . But the 55 last has an arch. What would be your best guess in a Robert? Thanks In advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads